Router/Back up Driver
Company: Midland Paper, Packaging + Supplies
Posted on: August 12, 2019
Throughout our years in business, Midland Paper has developed a
sophisticated logistics system that allows us to service our
customers from coast to coast. We have a large new fleet of private
delivery vehicles that we service, maintain and take pride in. We
operated out of each of our 20 distribution centers and our
logistics team ensures that product gets delivered on time, every
time. This position is a combination Router/Backup Driver role. The
hours for this position are Monday through Friday 2:30am-11:30am.
This position requires a CDL A license and will be a backup Driver
17-19 weeks out of the year.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement
- Create efficient, cost-effective routes to meet customer
- Match available vehicles with load and distance
- Maintain proper balance between route distance and load size to
accommodate drivers' capabilities and productivity.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations
relative to driver distance and load capabilities.
- Check vehicles before and after driving them to ensure that
mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working
- Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and
repair status, following applicable state and federal
- Operate hydraulic lift gates safely.
- Read bills of lading to determine assignment details.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or
damage to the vehicles.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources,
verifying instructions and routes.
- Couple and uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack
positions, connecting or disconnecting air and electrical lines,
and manipulating fifth-wheel locks.
- Inventory and inspect goods to be moved, in order to determine
quantities and conditions.
- Place empty carts and pallets in trailers so they will be
available to facilitate placement and movement of goods.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business
concepts and issues.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with
others using the spoken word.
- Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers'
needs while following company procedures.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while
following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute
details of a project or task.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of
values and accepted standards.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or
following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Patience - Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and
of not being hasty or impetuous.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and
- Resource Management (People & Equipment) - Ability to obtain
and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities,
materials, as well as personnel.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions
that affect employee safety.
- Self Confident - The trait of being comfortable in making
decisions for oneself.
- Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a
task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks
under stressful situations.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED):
Two or more years related experience.
Computer Skills: AX, Beginner Microsoft Office Office equipment
(phone, fax, copier)
Certifications & Licenses
Other Requirements: Must be able to pass a Department of
Transportation physical. Must have a clean driving record. Must be
able to drive at night.
Other Physical Requirements
- Vision (Near, Distance, Peripheral, Depth)
- Sense of Sound - Must be able to pass hearing test within
Department of Transportation physicial.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - Safety
shoes, back support/lift belts, harness, apron, safety gloves and
Keywords: Midland Paper, Packaging + Supplies, Appleton , Router/Back up Driver, Professions , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!