Behavioral Health Technician
Posted on: February 13, 2019
We Are Hiring Behavioral Health Technician - Psychiatry Nursing UnitPart-Time - 24 hours per weekWork Schedule:Primarily 7AM-3PM with potential for occasional 3PM-11PMEvery other weekendRotating holidaysSt Elizabeth Hospital - Appleton, WIWhy Join Employer? In Wisconsin, Employer operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Employer provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Employer is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Employer is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.What You Will Do As an Associate with Employer Health Care, you will have the opportunity to provide direct behavioral health patient care.Responsibilities:
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living.
- Provides or assists with providing direct patient care, diagnostic procedures and therapeutic interventions.
- Observes and records patient behavior and activities. Reports any changes in condition and suggests modifications to the treatment plan.
- Establishes a therapeutic relationship with assigned patients
- Provides direct patient care under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Management of Aggressive Behavior credentialed from the Management of Aggressive Behavior Training International, Inc obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Nursing Assistant credentialed from the state of Wisconsin, and in Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry with eligibility to work within a hospital setting preferred.Education:
- HS or Equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Completion of a Nursing Assistant program preferredWork Experience:
- Experience in the job related field required.Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfM/F/Disabled/VetEEO is the Law Poster Supplementhttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf
Keywords: Ascension, Appleton , Behavioral Health Technician, Professions , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!