Posted on: December 8, 2018
We Are Hiring Lactation Consultant - Women and Children Svcs 001 - PRN, Day - SEH St Elizabeth Hos Oneida - Appleton, WIAdditional Details: This position will float between St. Elizabeth Hospital in Appleton and Mercy Medical Center Why Join Ascension? In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care - including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities - in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.What You Will Do As an associate with St. Elizabeth Hospital and Mercy Medical Center, you will have the opportunity to provide lactation care and instruction to breastfeeding mothers and infants. Serves as a lactation-related clinical resource, educator, and mentor.You will:
- Performs initial and on-going assessments of patients' lactation goals and issues. Instructs and demonstrates proper techniques and promotes the importance of breastfeeding.
- Identifies the need for standard patient teaching plans and assists with their development.
- Acts as a liaison to staff and physicians when addressing needs associated with breastfeeding.
- Contributes to the development of data tools to monitor and improve outcomes.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Lactation Consultant credentialed from the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBLCE) obtained within 24 months (2 years) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certification specializing in Lactation credentialed from the Academy of Lactation Policy and Practice (TALPP) OR Certified Lactation Consultant credentialed from the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBLCE) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing required Work Experience:
- Three (3) years of clinical experience in the field of the primary work preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:M/F/Disabled/VetEEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: Ascension, Appleton , Lactation Consultant, Professions , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!