Material Handler - All Shifts
Company: Ducommun Incorporated
Posted on: September 16, 2022
Material Handler - All Shifts No Experience Needed! Training
Provided! We are growing and looking for motivated individuals to
learn our business and grow with us! Openings on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and
our Weekend Shift! Everything starts and stops with our Material
Handlers who lead the flow of materials from from receiving parts
needed to build our product to shipping items out the door.
Material Handlers will also pick parts needed from the stockroom to
build our product and place them back in location when finished. We
are typically working with small components so the use of a
forklift or other heavy equipment is not typically needed. Who are
we? Founded in 1849, Ducommun is the oldest company in California.
Starting as a hardware supply store during the California Gold Rush
and eventually assisted in the birth of the aerospace industry in
Southern California by providing aircraft aluminum to early
aerospace pioneers like Lindbergh, Douglas and Lockheed. Today
Ducommun is a global provider of innovative manufacturing solutions
for customers in the aerospace, defense and industrial markets. We
specialize in electronic and structural systems, producing complex
products and components for commercial aircraft platforms,
mission-critical military and space programs, and sophisticated
industrial applications. Our Facility in Appleton, WI manufactures
state-of-the-art circuit boards for Aerospace and Defense as well
as Industrial and Medical Industries. Why Ducommun?
- Excellent company culture - as recognized by Newsweek's Top 100
Most Loved Workplaces
- Clean and climate controlled working environment
- Opportunity for career growth
- Great benefits including paid vacation and sick time, 401K
match, Employee Stock Purchase Program, annual bonus plan, and
tuition reimbursement Job Summary The Material Handler is
responsible for maintaining the flow of material from receiving to
storage to production to shipping. Additional responsibilities
- Assist in enforcing all of the Materials Departments processes
so that only authorized personnel are able to receive or distribute
materials to or from stock.
- May perform equipment and tooling setup, machine maintenance
and in-process trouble shooting.
- Assist in entering data into the business system daily, support
and maintain any documentation systems
- Prepare and provide proper documentation
- Pull material from stock to provide the material necessary for
an assigned job
- Electronically transact materials to update the business
- Receive all incoming material, opening packages, crates, and
checking material for visible damage
- Verify parts and part numbers against packing list to ensure
accuracy; notify supervisor of all discrepancies
- Deliver items to incoming quality inspection, if applicable,
and all other material to proper storage areas
- Deliver the parts to the designated work centers or staging
areas, ensuring timely response to any deadlines or ship dates
- Handle, store, pack, label, and distribute material using
proper techniques to ensure no damage to the material as well as to
ensure inventory accuracy.
- Rearrange storage area as necessary to accommodate varying
parts, components and finished stock while maintaining storage area
in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform daily cycle counting to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Prepare and package products to ship, building special
packaging to support various products which require special
handling per customer specifications and quality workmanship
- Support the first in first out practices while storing all
- Adhere to the General Requirements of Team Members
- Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous
waste generated in their work area.
- Perform other assignments as required Required Skills and
- Intermediate computer skills (working knowledge of MRP systems,
Excel, and Word).
- Intermediate understanding of ESD prevention
- Ability to operate forklift truck
- Ability to operate equipment required to pack and move
- Knowledge of proper techniques for lifting and carrying
- High school diploma required; college education or business
- U.S. Person authorization to meet ITAR / EAR requirements Equal
Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled 2222 East Pensar
DriveAppleton, Wisconsin, 54911United States
Keywords: Ducommun Incorporated, Appleton , Material Handler - All Shifts, Professions , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!