Financial Analyst I
Company: Voith Group
Posted on: May 16, 2020
About the Voith Group
The Voith Group is a global technology company. With its broad
portfolio of systems, products, services and digital applications,
Voith sets standards in the markets of energy, oil & gas, paper,
raw materials and transport & automotive. Founded in 1867, the
company today has more than 19,000 employees, sales of 4.3 billion
and locations in over 60 countries worldwide and is thus one of the
larger family-owned companies in Europe.
For the Voith US Inc., Controlling P&S department, we are
Financial Analyst I
Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information,
prepares financial reports in accordance with Voith standards to
drive the decision making process for local and regional
management. Performs sales order analysis; KPI s; dashboards;
overhead analysis; cost center planning and customer analysis.
Business partner to Controllers and all department heads. This
position reports directly to the Head of Finance & Controlling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Analyzes cost center/overhead data (Plan vs. actual cost
deviations; absorption analysis, assists in cost center
* Facilitate regular alignment meetings with departments on
overhead expenditures and utilization.
* Analyzes sales orders for cost deviations and outliers.
* Responsible for invoicing Service Orders including tracking costs
and order status; create/maintain backlog of orders
* Works on month-end and year-end closing processes by preparing
financial statements, account reconciliations, inventory
reconciliation, overhead analysis, and supporting schedules against
a defined deadline.
* Establishes and updates meaningful KPI s and dashboards for
various departments to drive the decision-making process.
* Compiles and analyzes financial information; prepares entries to
accounts, such as general ledger accounts; documents business
transactions and prepares for audits of company s accounts
(internal & external).
* Assists in preparing financial information detailing for assets,
liabilities and capital; prepares the balance sheet, profit and
loss statement and other reports to summarize current and projected
company financial positions.
* Maintains fixed asset system, leasing contract system, capital
investment tracking and reporting
* Prepares Ad-Hoc reports, presentations, financial documentation
* Support Global Business Service center with intercompany
reconciliation at half year and year-end.
* Supports Controller on special projects.
* BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
* 2 to 5 years experience in an Accounting/Financial role,
including experience with general ledger function and
month-end/year-end close process
* Expert in Microsoft Office including Excel (Pivot Tables,
V-Lookups, Sumifs, VBA) and PowerPoint
* Experience in SAP, or equivalent ERP system
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability
to analyze large amounts of data and communicate/present
* Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily
direction from management to accomplish objectives
* Self-starter, strong sense of ownership, reliable
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong teamwork capabilities
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment during certain
business cycles (planning, month-end and year-end close) against a
Voith US Inc. is an EEO/AA/VEVRAA compliant Federal Contractor and
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by
federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Voith Group, Appleton , Financial Analyst I, Professions , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!