Regional Development Leader
Company: Thrivent Financial
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Summary? ? ??? ? ? ? ?Job Description? ? ? ? ??The Successful
Regional Development Leader:
- Ensures Financial?Professionals (FP's) have? the tools,
resources, and knowledge needed in order to be successful in their
- Is passionate about coaching others to be successfulDevelop New
Financial?Professionals ?(FP's) and Support the Launch of New FP
- Model and coach on all elements of the Thrivent Financial
- Conduct high levels of joint field work (3 days per week) as
scheduled by new FPs to observe and offer feedback.? Offer help
with case prep as needed.
- Demonstrate, model and coach on the use of Salesforce and other
Thrivent tools (i.e. CAP, Illustrations, etc.) during the sales
- Be available to FPs as they develop their sales goals and help
them analyze what?s working and not working in the achievement of
- Help FPs as needed to develop/execute marketing plans that
leverage relationships within their natural market, referrals and
- Advise FPs as to what activities will enable them to achieve
their sales goals.Collaborate with Others
- Inform and communicate with leadership team regarding FP (new
and vet) progress toward sales goals and success.
- Facilitate connections with vet FPs to provide additional joint
field work experiences or practice review for new FPs.
- Leverage corporate resources to stay informed of best practices
or changes that directly impact new FP launchCharacteristics of
- Results Oriented: coaches others to success and drives toward
- People Oriented: comfortable working with others, whether it?s
in large groups, small groups or one-on-one
- Adaptable: flexible, agile and amenable
- Credible: Seen as an expert in what it takes to be a successful
FP, both in sales process/methods and systems/technologyLeadership
CompetenciesModel the Thrivent Way
- Demonstrate alignment to decisions, and consistently follow
- Build trust and credibility through competence.
- Consistently champion, model, and demand uncompromising
commitment to values and The Thrivent Way.Build Relationships
- Model and promote an environment of respect for people of all
backgrounds and perspectives, regardless of their role, level, or
if their perspective differs from your own.
- Build collaborative relationships within and across teams.
- Model collaboration and ensure all team members participate
fully; help others understand that alignment (vs. consensus) is
- Be forthright and respectful when giving and receiving
- Adapt communication style as needed.
- Address and resolve conflict in an open and honest manner.?Lead
- Remain flexible and open to new ideas and ambiguity, and
encourage others to value change.
- Encourage new processes, systems, and technologies to better
meet the needs of Thrivent and those we serve.
- Demonstrate support and excitement for change.
- When change is needed, help others understand why and how their
work fits in with the vision for change.
- Ensure team goals and processes are aligned with Thrivent as a
whole.Make Sound Decisions
- Do what is right for our mission.
- Identify and focus your team on mission-critical strategies
through the right business drivers.
- Use appropriate metrics and analysis to ensure the team is
focused on the right business metrics.
- Ensure team members consider multiple factors when making
decisions and creating solutions.Drive Results
- Clarify and model priorities and behaviors that support
initiatives and objectives.
- Help others understand expectations and timelines, effectively
deploy resources, and ensure others have what they need to achieve
- Make and keep commitments to achieve desired priorities, and
hold your team and self, accountable for them. ?
- Drive to meet goals and deliver results.
- Continually evaluate your team's performance against critical
business metrics; intervene to coach and address issues.Grow Talent
- Be a continuous learner, stay relevant, and actively seek
- Demonstrate commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Continuously enhance team capability through diverse talent
recruiting and selection and by providing coaching and development
support to direct reports.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback.Minimum Requirements:
- Four year college degree strongly preferred.
- Professional designation or history of significant progress
toward achievement preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of solid sales results (i.e. L/H/A,
- Experience in using the Thrivent Financial Advice Process,
Salesforce and other Thrivent tools and systems (i.e. CAP,
Illustrations, etc.) and ability and willingness to model, promote
and demonstrate usage of tools as needed.
- Ability to utilize technology effectively to coach and train
- Will and skill to commit to joint field work expectations.
- Experience in leading groups, specifically in presenting and
facilitating in order to drive understanding of concepts and
practices that lead to new FP success.
- FINRA Series 7, 63/65 or 66 required or obtained within 90
- State insurance licensed and appointed in life, health and
variable lines of authority or attained within 90 days.
- State securities registered and insurance licensed and
appointed in all states that comprise the?regional area.
- ?Once FRs are assigned to this position, this position will
require securities registrations, state insurance licenses and
appointments in all states where FRs are conducting business and
- Satisfactory background check and clean compliance record.
- Flexibility to travel within the region (may include overnight)
and conduct business during evening hours and must have own
transportation.You don?t need to be Christian to join our team. You
do need the passion to guide our members on their Wise With Money
Journey, equipping them to live more content, confident and
generous lives. Thrivent strives to provide an Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, gender,
gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status,
citizenship status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation,
sex, genetic information, or any other status or condition
protected by applicable state or federal laws. This policy applies
to all employees and job applicants.? ? ? ? ? ? ??
Keywords: Thrivent Financial, Appleton , Regional Development Leader, Other , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!