Digital Press Operator - 3rd Shift
Posted on: August 22, 2019
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and
possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad's
state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class
automation and printing technology. Our platform includes digital,
gravure and offset presses that give our clients a full range of
options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by
innovative, interesting days, you'll find hard work is good work,
and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done - something
shared by everyone in the community we call Quad. Job Description
Quad is currently seeking a 3rd Shift Digital Press Operator to
work in our Quad Instore facility at Glendale Drive in New Berlin.
Operator is responsible for producing quality printed sheets,
boards, or rolls. The job duties for this position include, but are
not limited to: * Operate and troubleshoot multiple digital
presses; Flatbed and Roll Presses - HP Turbojet, EFI/Vutek presses,
and Inca Onset devices.
* Accurately interpret, document, and communicate diagnostic
feedback from equipment and act upon information to resolve
production, maintenance and repair issues.
* Perform color matching of supplied material.
* Read and understand job tickets. Complete necessary job
* Command of technical vocabulary and the ability to communicate
effectively with electronic prepress, press operators, customer
service, vendors, equipment technicians and customers is
* Clean and maintain work area. Qualifications: * HS diploma or
* Candidates must be able to differentiate between colors and will
be required to complete a color test.
* All equipment operations are controlled via computer interface.
Position requires the ability to navigate through multiple computer
screens quickly and efficiently.
* Computer software application experience in a prepress
environment and experience in digital color control, color
manipulation, and experience operating HP, Vutek, or Inca Onset
presses a plus. However, candidates with offset experience and
strong computer skills may be considered.
* Successful candidate must possess solid organizational and
problem solving skills and be able to work in a fast-paced
environment with little or no supervision.
* Must be self-motivated, reliable, and quality and safety
* Ability to apply written instructions to job set-up.
* Able to lift up to 50 pounds, reaching, bending, walking,
standing, stooping, pulling and pushing with or without reasonable
* Must be available for overtime during the week, and on weekends
when needed. Position is for Third Shift - 11:00 pm to 7:00 am with
overtime and weekend hours as required. Additional Company
Information We offer excellent benefits for eligible employees,
including 401(k), holidays, vacations, and more. Quad/Graphics is
an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is
not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on
the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status,
disability, genetic information or any other consideration made
unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company
also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any
of these protected categories. Drug Free Workplace
Keywords: Quadgraphics, Appleton , Digital Press Operator - 3rd Shift, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!