Posted on: August 22, 2019
We Are Hiring Radiology Technologist - Diagnostic Radiology 001 -
Full-Time, Rotating - WF - St Joseph Campus - Milwaukee, WIWhy Join
Ascension? Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and
more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle
River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and
specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based
healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848.
In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in
community benefit, including care of persons living in
poverty.Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization
dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum
of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health
systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering
compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most
in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of
persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.What
You Will Do As an Associate with Wheaton Franciscan-WI, you will
have the opportunity to take--radiologic films providing quality
images to physicians to aid in the diagnosis of medical
- Prepares and positions patients for imaging and selects
exposure factors accurately.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and medications within
the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal
activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevents
patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and
documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential
problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to
include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film
storage area and any other areas in department.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical
parameters accurately.What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider--credentialed from the--American Heart Association
(AHA)--obtained within--2 Months (60 days)--of hire date or job
- One or more of the following:
- Cardiographic Tech--credentialed from the--Cardiovascular
Credentialing International (CCI)--obtained prior to hire date or
job transfer date.--
- Radiologic Technologist--specializing
in--Radiography--credentialed from the--American Registry of
Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)--obtained prior to hire date or job
transfer date.--General Radiography is also required in addition to
any specialty. State Radiology Technologist licensure issued by
Wisconsin Radiography Examining Board required.
- Medical Sonographer--credentialed from the--American Registry
for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)--obtained prior to hire
date or job transfer date.--Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree requiredWork Experience:
- None required.Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Wisconsin
is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against
employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed,
color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or
conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic or status protected by law.For further
information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link
to the "EEO is the Law"
is the Law Poster
Keywords: Ascension, Appleton , Radiology Technologist, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!