Language Service Specialist (Spanish)
Company: Ascension, WI
Posted on: September 7, 2018
Job ID: 268614 Language Service Specialist (Spanish) Appleton, Wisconsin Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title:--Language Service Specialist - Interpreter Services City, State:-- Appleton,WI Location:-- SEH St Elizabeth Hos Oneida Department:---- Interpreter Svcs 001 Additional Job Details:----Part-Time,Day,--24 hours,Weekly About Us In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world---s largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care --- including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities --- in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We---re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin. Job Description Job Summary: The Language Service Specialist acts as a liaison between English and non-English speaking and/or hearing guests, staff and patients by providing interpreter services. Provides support and serves as a resource for other interpreters. -- Responsibilities:
- Listens to, comprehends and translates oral or written communications from English to another language and vice versa.
- Translates medical terminology, including anatomy, prescriptions and procedures accurately.
- Complies with all privacy and confidentiality policies when communicating patient information.
- Develops translated forms and educational materials for non-English speaking and/or hearing populations.
- Provides detailed, accurate, and confidental consecutive interpreting.
- Uses simultaneous interpreting and/or sight translation when appropriate maintaining high service standards.
- Performs written translation per department processes.
- Completes appropriate and precise documentation of all patient encounters.
- When not involved in patient encounters, participates in patient encounters by participating in cross-functional roles in the department: interpreter assessments, translation management, dispatch or data support, et al.
- Abides by the Interpreter Code of Ethics and the National Standards of Practice for Medical Interpreters, exhibiting dedication to person and family-centered care and cultural competence.
- Acts as a departmental ambassador, educating internal and external customers, reporting safety events to dispatch, problem-solving LS interface with the departments we serve.
- For PRN staff: Maintains close communication with dispatch, advises proactively regarding availability.
- Complies with cross-system and on-call duties where/when applicable.
- Must be bilingual in Spanish and English
- HS or Equivalent--
- High School Diploma or equivalent required Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred Must successfully pass assessment upon hire Work Experience:
- Proficiency in another language in addition to English required; Interpreting experience required, preferably in the medical field. Must possess an understanding of the relationship between healthcare and the cultural context of Limited English Proficient (LEP) patients. How To Apply We urge you to apply to any/all positions that you have interest in, and should you fit the qualifications for the role we will certainly reach out to you. Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well additional information that is requested of you. Information that you offer us will better assist us in understating your qualification and fit for the position(s) you---ve applied. -- Also to note, our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac Computers) or non-internet Explorer browsers. -- Please note that Ascension, and its affiliates and subsidiaries, will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.-- Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the ---EEO is the Law--- poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf M/F/Disabled/Vet EEO is the Law Poster Supplement http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension, WI, Appleton , Language Service Specialist (Spanish), Other , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!