Location: Stevens Point
Posted on: November 16, 2023
At Sentry, our business is built around people. We pride
ourselves on the promise to deliver world class services to our
guests. SentryWorld is a destination venue located in Central
Wisconsin, which hosts events including corporate events, golf
events, and weddings. We currently have an opportunity for an Event
Coordinator to join our SentryWorld Events team. In this role, you
will be a key member in planning and delivering exceptional
customer service to our guests and will be responsible for
coordinating with clients on all details of an event, including
room arrangements, menus, timelines, billing and any special
requests. You will be a key driver in ensuring that events are
successful, and that guest's expectations are met and exceeded.
We invite you to explore the opportunities that await you at
What You'll Do
- To manage and oversee all aspects of assigned group programs,
acting as the primary group contact from start to finish for each
program, and to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Plan, schedule and meet with clients to ensure all event
details are to the client's specifications and meet SentryWorld
- Provide clear, concise and timely communication of detailed
requirements to operational departments.
- Keep clients and vendors informed of status deadline schedules,
including but not limited to floor plan submission, event space
set-up specifications, insurance requirements and other relevant
- Responsible for answering and promptly returning client phone
calls and emails to ensure all questions and inquiries are properly
- Inspect event spaces and equipment prior to events for
cleanliness, proper inventory and set-up.
- Help to lead BEO meeting to ensure Banquet Captain and team are
knowledgeable on all event details and expectations.
- Ensure proper staffing levels are in place and collaborates
with all SentryWorld operations to plan and organize food, set up
and staffing requirements for each planned event.
- Confirm all charges, deposits and sales of the event are
properly recorded and collected on a timely basis.
What it Takes
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of related work experience with previous food &
beverage and professional event experience strongly preferred
- Ability to effectively organize and present information,
interpret and anticipate the client needs and develop
- Excellent organizational, planning, interpersonal and
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service and leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and
- Work extended/non-standard hours including nights, weekends and
holidays as needed
What You'll Receive
We strive to provide exceptional experiences for our guests and we
want to provide you with a similar experience. We hope that this is
a place where you can start or build your career in the hospitality
industry. As a member of our team, you may be eligible to enjoy our
rewarding benefits and perks including:
- Competitive Compensation to reward you for your hard work
- Eligibility for a Quarterly Performance Bonus
- Generous Holiday Pay, Paid-Time Off and Floating Holidays for
you to enjoy time "out of the office"
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance to encourage a
- 401 (K) match after 1 year of service to help fund your
- Associate discounted shift meals and golf rates
- Free Wellness Center Membership
Who You'll Want to Contact
Equal Opportunity Employer
SentryWorld is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy that
there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color,
national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or
Keywords: Sentry, Appleton , Event Coordinator, Other , Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!