Posted on: September 15, 2023
Source Inspector - 1st Shift
Ensure that parts meet their required specifications, by looking at
blueprints and data.
Who are we?
Founded in 1849, Ducommun is the oldest company in California.
Starting as a hardware supply store during the California Gold Rush
and eventually assisted in the birth of the aerospace industry in
Southern California by providing aircraft aluminum to early
aerospace pioneers like Lindbergh, Douglas and Lockheed.
Today Ducommun is a global provider of innovative manufacturing
solutions for customers in the aerospace, defense and industrial
markets. We specialize in electronic and structural systems,
producing complex products and components for commercial aircraft
platforms, mission-critical military and space programs, and
sophisticated industrial applications.
Our Facility in Appleton, WI manufactures state-of-the-art circuit
boards for Aerospace and Defense as well as Industrial and Medical
- Excellent company culture - as recognized by Newsweek's Top 100
Most Loved Workplaces
- Clean and climate controlled working environment
- Opportunity for career growth
- Great benefits including paid vacation and sick time, 401K
match, Employee Stock Purchase Program, annual bonus plan, and
- Visually inspects products using a scope or other tools to
IPC-A-610 and customer specifications
- Perform inspections on First Articles per the AS9102
- Reads customer drawings, ECOs, and Specifications/Work
- Create customer inspection paperwork and Certificates of
- Record inspection results into systems
- Ensure all required paperwork is received and previous
operations indicated on the documents are completed in accordance
with established procedures prior to conducting an inspection.
- Provide technical support to co-workers, suppliers or
customers, including identifying and correcting specific
- May provide on-the-job-training (OJT) for other inspectors
- May assume limited supervisor responsibilities in the absence
of the Quality Supervisor.
- Adhere to the General Requirements of Team Members
- Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous
waste generated in their work area.
- Perform other assignments as required
Required Skills &Qualifications
- One(1) year of related experience is required; One (1) or more
years of relatedexperience is preferred.
- Intermediate manufacturing experience, including knowledge of
workmanship standards, is preferred
- Basic level computer proficiency including e-mail, Word, and
- Must have good documentation skills; attention to detail is
- Adapts to changes (work plan, priority and management decision)
in the work environment.
- Able to work cooperatively in a team and cross functional
team(s) as needed.
- Able to maintain a level temperament in a stressful
- Openly and proactively shares information, knowledge and
experience with co-workers.
- Willing to take on additional assignments.
- Competent in required job knowledge and skills to perform
- Able to apply new work requirements with minimal
- Is up-to-date on all certifications and training requirements
- Consistently completes assignments or work requirements on time
without compromising on quality.
- Uses time effectively to manage workload/tasks.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality standard is met.
- Delivers work in a way that eliminates scrap or rework.
- Keeps supervisors informed and escalates issues when
- High school diploma required; college education or business
- Minimum 2 years of electrical inspection experience
Equal Opportunity EmployerVeterans/Disabled
2222 East Pensar Drive
Appleton, Wisconsin, 54911
Keywords: Ducommun, Appleton , Source Inspector, Other , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!