Estimator II - Construction Industry
Company: Boldt Co
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Who we are: Honesty, fairness, hard work, performance, and the
love of construction. At Boldt, these are the values that drive us.
They push us to be better every day. To provide the highest-quality
service and greatest value to every project we're a part of. We're
looking for forward thinking people who share in that dedication.
An innovative and bold spirit, performance thinking, and a
dedication to our values have helped us grow into a national leader
in markets as diverse as healthcare, industrial, education, and
renewable energy. As a member of the Boldt team, you'll collaborate
with some of the most knowledgeable professionals in our industry.
You'll have the chance to learn new skills and seek greater
responsibilities, while earning competitive pay and benefits. And
you'll join a team that builds real value in the world around you.
How your role fits into Boldt: The Estimator II will provide
estimating services and expertise for a variety of market sectors
and contract delivery methods with the goal of creating estimates
that cultivate success through a OneBoldt approach while returning
the planned profit to the company. Responsibilities include
preparing, planning, organizing, and evaluating estimates, along
with being engaged in the Target Value Design process to submit
bids and responses to proposals. This position will be responsible
for coordinating and oversight of internal and external estimating
resources. Required Skills What you get to do: * Assist and
independently prepares estimates and other deliverables and
responsibilities required for such. Supports hard bid process.
* Review drawings, specifications and owner documents to establish
scope of work contents for estimate and other respective
deliverables. Attend pre-bid and project meetings. Support specific
and assigned component of RFI's.
* Prepare detailed estimates which may include self- perform. May
assist in crafting bid list of subcontractors, trade partners and
suppliers and ensure appropriate coverage with those groups.
* Perform takeoffs required for the estimates they have been
assigned to. This may include Self-performed Trades. Uses OnCenter
and Coordinates requirements for BIM generated quantification.
* Work with the project team to finalize documents for the specific
* Participate in the presentation of estimates to project Owners
and other partners.
* Assist and support the bidding process including bid
solicitation, bidders' communications, proposals evaluations, and
* Assist in the of development of design options and forecasting
best solutions based on cost, engineering quality, or availability
* Support all estimating and target value design functions for
projects including establishing reporting formats, assignment of
areas of estimating responsibility, compiling estimates,
preparation, and oversight of project estimates.
* Evaluate the material and construction equipment required to
perform work. Understand union labor costs for the project.
* Lead Bid Solicitation process including management of bid
documents and Instructions to Bidders. Helps guide the process to
successfully procure and analyze bids. Helps confirm subcontractors
are prequalified prior to bidding and contracting with Boldt.
* Assist project managers and financial manager in the continuous
assessment of project risks and opportunities and how it relates to
the overall project cost. Consolidate all risk and opportunities
and integrate to the overall project cost.
* Prepare Strategic Project Qualification (SPQ) to analyze project
from a risk mitigation standpoint.
* Confirm insurance requirements with legal and underwriting.
* Establish parameters required for initial conceptual estimates
and cost modeling.
* Possess the traits that support a coordinated environment with a
* Upload estimates to system. Assist with the organization and
procurement of all estimating documents, deliverables and contract
exhibits and attachments required for construction.
* Expand knowledge and use of all labor rates, self-perform
productivities, and crew mixes. Learns and uses the labor rate
* Other duties, responsibilities, or activities may be assigned at
any time. Required Experience What we expect from you: * Bachelor's
Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or other related
degree required. Equivalent combinations of technical training
and/or related experience considered in lieu of a degree.
* Two to five years of estimating experience required.
* Experience in the preparation of a complete estimate and all
aspects required to complete and estimate and supporting
* Exposure to conceptual estimating.
* Exposure to Site and Building Systems, Assemblies and components
* Exposure to self-performed estimating which relies on
productivity, labor, crew, equipment and material.
* Exposure to Negotiated Guarantee Maximum Price (GMP) as well as
Lump Sum (Hard) Bid types of projects.
* Understanding and proficiency of construction coding in
MasterFormat and Uniformat.
* A strong understanding of excel spreadsheets, database-based
software (WinEst), take-off software (On-Center - On Screen
Takeoff) scheduling software (Microsoft Project or Primivera)
* Familiarity with BIM tools, such as REVIT and/or Vico, is
preferred. Physical requirements and working conditions: While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to remain in a stationary position for up to eight hours.
The employee occasionally is required to move to access people or
workspaces. Constantly operates a computer and other office
equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
The ability to optimally communicate is required. The employee may
occasionally move up to 15 pounds. The working conditions of this
position requires the employee to work inside an office
environment. The environment for which this position functions may
contain scents and fragrances. May be requested to work longer
hours and weekends. What we can offer you: We are a multi-
generational family owned, privately held organization. Along with
encouraging a safe and robust team based environment, we offer: * A
competitive wage with a comprehensive medical, prescription drug,
dental and vision benefits without a waiting period
* An Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to share in the company's
success along with an annual bonus based on overall company
* Paid vacation, sick and holidays
* Hybrid work schedule
* Wellness resources, including a health mentor, health
assessments, maternity management, and life care
* Relocation assistance
* Have equal access to opportunities and resources at all levels of
the company. Opportunity to grow and persevere including
* Diversity and inclusion training programs
* Mentorship program
* Community engagement The Boldt Company is an equal opportunity
employer. If you are an individual with a disability and you need
an accommodation or other assistance during the application
process, please contact our Human Resources department. This
position is located in Appleton, WI. View the Google Map in full
Keywords: Boldt Co, Appleton , Estimator II - Construction Industry, Other , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!