Lead Social Worker - Foster Care Services
Company: Lutheran Social Services
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Lutheran Social Services (LSS) is a private, non-profit, human
service agency providing a variety of services throughout Wisconsin
and Upper Michigan. Over the years, LSS has grown to become one of
the largest human service agencies in the two state area serving
more than 125,000 clients annually. We are looking for passionate,
mission-driven individuals like you to help provide services
including outpatient behavioral health management, international,
domestic and special needs adoptions, older adult services, support
services for children, youth and families, community corrections
programs and support services for adults with disabilities and/or
mental health concerns.
Motivated by the compassion of Christ, we help people improve the
quality of their lives. Does this describe your personal mission
statement? Are you motivated to serve by sharing your talents? If
you would like to help us achieve our mission, please apply for the
1000 sign on Bonus
Lutheran Social Services of Wisconsin and Upper Michigan is
currently seeking a Lead Social Worker for our Foster Care Team in
the Eastern and Southern Area of Wisconsin.
LSS is committed to helping children in foster care and the parents
who give them a home. Our lead works under our program supervisor
in pursuit to lead out great team of social workers in pursuit of
our shared goal of reuniting families or finding permanent homes
for our clients. This role will focus on foster care licensing.
This role does require ability to receive or a current social work
license . Hours for the position are generally 8:00 am - 4:30pm
(Appointments, with children, may need to be scheduled after school
hours.) Occasional nights/weekends may be needed. This is a full
time, benefit eligible role
At Lutheran Social Services of WI and Upper MI, the health and
safety of our colleagues and clients is our top priority! LSS is
regularly reviewing OSHA and CDC recommendations and guidelines to
stay abreast of the ever changing Covid-19 pandemic. LSS employees
may be required to mask regardless of vaccination status when
indoors and in the presence of clients or colleagues Covid-19
community levels. Employees are expected to adhere to agency
JOB SUMMARY :
Delivers trauma-informed professional level social work care
coordination services to children placed in foster care; assesses,
treats and evaluates clients; trains, certifies and supports foster
parents; and performs other duties as required.
Examples of services Expected may include (These are examples, not
all inclusive, and all services may not be provided by an
- Assessment of functional abilities
- Care/Service planning
- Care/Service facilitation
- Licensing of foster homes
AGENCY REQUIREMENTS (Required of all employees):
- Must comply with applicable service regulations as well as
agency and departmental policies and procedures.
- Must relate to people of varied ethnic and cultural
backgrounds, ages, and economic circumstances with respect and
- Must support the Mission, Vision and Values of the
- Represent LSS internally and externally as a servant leader in
thought, words and actions.
DIRECT SERVICE REQUIREMENTS
- Promote client independence and growth, consistent with the
- Provide services using a trauma-informed and person and/or
- Provide services utilizing agency approved and supported
evidence-based practices that have been indicated by the funder
- Accurately complete time reporting.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and
may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as
management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Network, both formally and informally, with professionals in
- Provide on-call crisis services as assigned.
- Follow all LSS policies and procedures regarding
confidentiality and disclosure (HIPPA).
- Attend regular staff meetings, individual supervision and
- Continuing education as directed by supervisor and/or selected
- Expected to understand productivity expectations and meet those
standards that have been established for the role and the
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Respond to foster parent inquiries via phone or email.
- Complete a log of such inquiries and submit quarterly to
- License/re-license homes according to DCF 56 standards (in
consult with supervisor).
- Maintain files/licenses of existing homes (hard and electronic
- Provide pre-service and ongoing training to foster
- Research available training and inform foster parents of
opportunities as they become available; quarterly at
- Conduct annual foster parent evaluations (in consult with
- Implement work plans, corrective action, and revocation when
necessary (in consult with supervisor).
- Provide support and connect foster parents to needed
- Screen referrals and inform placement decisions (in consult
Case Management/Care Coordination
- Facilitate placement, both planned and emergency (in consult
- Coordinate and facilitate case management services for
children/youth in care.
- Provide support and connect foster parents with local
- Coordinate and facilitate team meetings.
- Conduct assessments and complete support, treatment and
independent living plans according to the expectations set forth in
the Foster Care Services Handbook and/or on the audit
- Meet with clients weekly, bi-weekly, or as otherwise
- Complete required documentation within required timelines and
expectations per LSS, regulation, payers, and practice
- Maintain records of respite services.
- Run background checks and call references, as needed.
- Attend permanency plan reviews and court hearings, as
- Testify at legal proceedings as required by law and/or
- Attends and participates in staff development programs,
including in-service training, staff meetings, and professional
- Within your scope of practice, provide consultation to
- Work a flexible weekly schedule that includes some evening
and/or weekend hours for client appointments. Work directly with
Program Supervisor or Manager to set expectations for scheduling
clients. Schedule is based on client need.
- Expected to understand productivity expectations and meet those
standards that have been established for the role and the
- Assist the program supervisor with assigned duties.
- Provide training and support to team members on identified
roles and responsibilities.
- Provide ongoing mentoring to assigned team members.
- Data analysis and report writing.
- Administrative responsibilities specific to the
- Expect, support, promote and manage change.
- Provide input using a problem solving approach to
- Performs other duties and special projects as required
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- By being employed with LSS, which is a non-profit agency, you
can be eligible for loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan
- Loans are eligible to be forgiven after 10 years of on-time and
consistent payments through the income-based re-payment
- LSS Clinical Managers () and Human Capital employees can assist
you in applying for this benefit.
- Clinical Supervision and Consultation
- We offer a free, robust clinical supervision experience for any
type of licensure that focuses not only on client needs, but
- LSS is focused on the continued growth of our employees and
ensuring we provide high quality services.
- LSS employees are eligible for receiving internal as well as
financial support for external trainings to support your growth and
required Continuing Education (CEU) credits.
- LSS is a family/employee-focused agency which values work-life
- Employees can adjust their schedules to accommodate personal
commitments by flexing their schedule or utilizing time
- Some programs have the option of working remotely.
- Benefits Package
- 10 paid holidays (ex: Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve,
MLK Jr. Day, Memorial Day, etc.)
- 2 personal days
- Sick & Vacation Time
- LSS makes annual raises and additional bonuses a priority for
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending for Dependent & Health Care
- Mileage reimbursement
- Ability to Contribute to 403B
- Employee Assistance Program
- Service Awards and Recognition
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
This position requires:
A Bachelor's Degree in a social work, psychology or related field
and a minimum of 3 years post degree related experience.
A Master's Degree or higher in a social work, psychology, or
Demonstrated ability to function as the lead
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- The incumbent of this position must have a valid driver's
license and have reliable transportation to perform the essential
duties of the role; a motor vehicle check (MVR) with a satisfactory
driving record per the LSS Driver Safety Procedure is required, and
ability to meet LSS auto insurance requirements.
- Certification/Licensure is required (CSW, APSW, LCSW or ability
to become certified).
- Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret to complete
required documentation by established timeframes.
- Ability to document in a neat, legible, accurate, objective and
consistent manner to reflect the services provided.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from all levels of LSS management and employees, as well
as the individual, family, and circle of support.
- Working knowledge of computers to allow employee to access
computer systems and applications to complete timecards, read and
respond to email, and complete required on-line training.
- Ability to utilize efficiently an electronic health record(s)
for documentation of direct services.
- Must be able to work on computer and utilize computer
applications and programs to effectively complete the job.
- Ability to work within a variety of ever-changing software
packages and computer systems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be
required to frequently bend/stoop, crouch, climb stairs and kneel.
This position will require the ability to access a variety of
locations in the community.
The employee must react appropriately in times of crisis that may
include verbal aggression.
The incumbent of this position works in a community environment
(home, office, community, etc.). The incumbent will also be exposed
to outdoor conditions when traveling on company business.
TRAVEL: Daily travel may be required. Some overnight travel may be
LSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
EducationBachelor Degree of Social Work (preferred)Bachelor Degree
of Psychology (preferred)
Licenses & CertificationsAdv Clinical Social Wkr
(preferred)Advanced Pract Soc Worker (preferred)Cert Advanc Prac
Soc Work (preferred)Certified Social Worker (required)Clinical
Social Worker (preferred)Driver's License (required)Indep Clinical
Soc Worker (preferred)Lic. Clin. Soc. Worker IT (preferred)Lic Ind
Clin Soc Worker (preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Lutheran Social Services, Appleton , Lead Social Worker - Foster Care Services, Other , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!