Sr Network Assurance Engineer
Company: U.S. Cellular
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Sr Network Assurance Engineer
The Sr Network Assurance Engineer supports applications and systems
used to manage US Cellular's production customer network. These
network management systems collect fault, configuration, and
performance data and provide management and testing capabilities
for devices in the network. Performance data is used by network
engineers to understand customer impacting issues and capacity
utilization of the network. Fault data informs network engineers of
faults occurring with network equipment so problems can be
discovered and quickly resolved. The role requires technical
support for the systems/solutions including vendor management,
monitoring, trouble shooting, and support of users (Network
Engineers). Technical support includes; analysis, system
integration, operational support , and participation in a
cross-functional teams to deliver solutions to the Engineering
organization. The Sr Network Assurance Engineer will plan, design,
engineer, architect, develop, implement, and monitor, all aspects
of the network management systems. This involves working closely
with internal and external resources to design and install
solutions at US Cellular data centers and cell sites. Provides
advanced subject matter expertise around network management
systems. Provide project management for network management systems
related project initiatives.
- Define technical requirements in support of organizational
goals and make recommendations for ways to improve performance and
- Provide technical support to customer-servicing infrastructure
- Implements infrastructure changes.
- Analyze network & system response and determine tuning
recommendations to improve performance.
- Collaborate with Project Management in the planning, design,
engineering and drive the development, implementation, test and
troubleshooting of network management systems supporting the
- Perform advanced tier troubleshooting of 24x7 applications,
including off-hour maintenance activities, problem resolution, and
participation in rotational on-call support.
- Implement an effective test plan for any new / changed network
management systems infrastructure.
- Develop and implement automated test cases for network and
- Collaborate with partner organizations/departments to architect
network or system solutions for our network management systems
- Documents procedures for business network operations.
- Support identification and collection of metrics and
performance reporting processes
- Provide application development services around specific
- Identify process improvement opportunities and implement
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent work or
- Ability to create and understand shell scripts (Unix Shell,
- Experience with API integration (REST APIs)
- Experience participating in cross-functional project
- Excellent problem solving / analytical skills and knowledge of
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with network management applications for fault and
performance management such as; IBM Netcool/NOI, Teoco Helix,
Statseeker, SevOne, BMC TrueSight. Zabbix, etc. or similar
- Technical Expertise in 2 or more following areas:
- IP Networking, packet analysis, packet capture solutions, IP
routing (layer 3), switching (layer 2), Ethernet, LAN/WAN, IP
Protocols (SIP, OSPF, VLAN, MPLS, GRE, etc.
- Telecommunications technologies including LTE, VoLTE, 5G SA,
RAN, 3GPP Standards, IMS Core, etc.
- Server technologies including Linux administration, server
networking, storage technologies (local and SAN attached), hardware
installation (racking, power solutions, cabling), etc.
- Experience with Packet analysis solutions such as Netscout
nGeniusOne, nGenius Session Analyzer
- Experience with Gigamon/Netscout packet management solutions
(InfinisteamNG, Packet Flow Broker, etc.)
- Experience with telecommunications network management solutions
(Operational Support Systems- OSS) such as Nokia Netact, Ericsson
ENM, Nokia NPS, EMC/Dell NCM
- Experience with automation call testing solutions such as
Spirent, Infovista, or similar.
- Experience with RAN Analysis tools such as Netscout
- Experience with LTE and 5G testing solutions such as Spirent
- Experience with Ethernet testing solutions (TWAMP, Y.1564) such
- Expertise in LTE and 5G SA/NSA protocols and network
- Expertise in VoLTE voice and messaging communications (SIP
protocols and IMS Core processing)
- Expertise in IP Networking (routing, switching, OSPF, VLAN,
MPLS, GRE, Ethernet, etc.)
- Experience with one or more of the following script-writing
languages (BASH, Perl, Python, Ansible)
- Extensive Experience with Linux Operating systems.
- Experience with hardware deployment in data centers (power,
Illinois-SCHAUMBURG_IL, Oregon-MEDFORD_OR, Wisconsin-BROOKFIELD_WI,
Nebraska-GRAND ISLAND_NE, Oklahoma-TULSA_OK
U.S. Cellular is an EEO employer and gives consideration to
qualified applicants without regard to
identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or
Keywords: U.S. Cellular, Appleton , Sr Network Assurance Engineer, Other , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!