Senior Electrical Engineer
Posted on: November 15, 2022
AFRY is a leader in engineering, design, and advisory services,
with a global reach. We accelerate the transition towards a more
sustainable society. We are 17,000 devoted experts in
infrastructure, industry, energy and digitalization, creating
sustainable solutions for generations to come.
AFRY USA supports process industry clients in Pulp & Paper, Mining
& Metals, Food & Beverage, Chemicals, and Biorefining. Our
expertise and know-how add value to our client's investments at
every stage of their lifecycle, from sustaining CAPEX to large
Present in the United States for over 50 years, we have more than
150 experts and engineers serving multiple clients and sectors.
With offices in Appleton, WI, Birmingham, AL, and New York, NY, and
a comprehensive network of experts in the US and abroad, we provide
international, top-level know-how with a local presence.
Our service offerings cover the entire project lifecycle, from
corporate strategies to engineering studies and estimates, through
implementation engineering, construction support, and commissioning
and start-up services. We provide to our clients world-class
project deliveries, market insights & strategies, and operational
efficiency improvement evaluations. Best-in-class management and
technical consulting, multi-disciplinary engineering design,
on-site support, project, and construction management services are
our key offerings.
Because we don't care much about making history - we care about
The Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for leading the
engineering team in the development of installation construction
packages for facility power distribution systems, grounding, and
lighting system in industrial facilities.
- Interface with Clients, Owners, and Vendors.
- Lead studies preparing cost estimates for electrical
- Specify electrical system components for low voltage (
- Collaborate with process engineers, clients, Owners, and
- Lead the engineering team and delegate appropriate
- Work with design staff to generate installation details, motor
elementaries, and plan drawings identifying locations of motors,
electrical loads, electrical equipment placement, and cable trays
- Lead the develop of project lists including; Motor Control
Center List, Motor List, and Cable List.
- Lead the prepare of bid, construction, and demo packages for
contractor use, including written scope of work.
- Provide technical direction to engineers and design staff.
- Visit customer sites to gather field data for detailed
- Participate in electrical equipment FAT's.
- Provide field support during construction, commissioning and
- Develop and write the electrical portion of proposals that
include scope of work, deliverables, effort hours.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field is
- Professional Engineer Registration preferred but not
- 15+ years of experience with electrical systems in the Pulp and
Paper industry is preferred. Experience in other light and heavy
industry is also acceptable.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- CAD software knowledge a plus, but not required.
- Experience using Power System Study software (such as
EasyPower, SKM, or ETAP) or experience analyzing Power System Study
reports and directing study's.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and comfortable with working in a team
- Ability to travel within the United States to customer sites.
Travel varies but may range from 10-15%.
AFRY USA offers you:
- Competitive performance-oriented compensation.
- Competitive benefits - Medical, dental, vision, life,
short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match,
tuition and professional seminar reimbursement, paid vacation, and
- Structured career development plan.
- Opportunity to work with recognized thought-leaders in the
paper and pulp industry.
- Ability to work with employees from many different cultures and
- A firm that believes by working together we can create a new
era in which the world can become more sustainable.
- Various forms of flexibility to help you integrate your life
with your professional commitments.
At AFRY, we believe that having the best people attracts the best
projects, and having the best projects attracts the best people. We
work in a global environment with a strong focus on the needs of
our local clients
As part of your online application process, please provide a CV and
covering letter stating why you want to work for AFRY. We only
accept online applications.
You must have a right to live and work in the United States.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
AFRY is committed to creating an inclusive & diverse environment
and we are actively looking for qualified candidates irrespective
of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity,
religion, disability, or age. You will be part of a global and
diverse company where our differences are our strengths. Join us to
accelerate the transition towards a sustainable society.
Keywords: AFRY, Appleton , Senior Electrical Engineer, Other , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!