Patient Accounts Representative
Company: Hand to Shoulder Center of Wisconsin LTD
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Job DescriptionPatient Accounts Representative ANSWERS TO:
Billing Team LeaderSUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: NoneSTART DATE: As
soon as qualified candidate is chosenWORK HOURS: Monday through
Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (40 hours per week) POSITION
DESCRIPTION: Full-time PATIENT ACCOUNTS REPRESENTATIVE (known
internally as FINANCIAL SERVICES) position in a busy specialty
medical practice. This position works as a liaison to assist
patients with payment of their accounts and coordinate all patient
and insurance billings for the medical facility by performing
duties such as: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (not limited
- Communicate with patients about their accounts via verbal and
- Prepare surgical estimates.
- Set up payment plans with patients.
- Process patient credit card payments.
- Work with attorney offices for resolution of patient
- Review monthly delinquency report.
- Refer delinquent accounts to collection.
- Review bankruptcy notices.
- Call insurance companies. SKILLS NEEDED:
- Work well in a team environment.
- Have basic knowledge of insurance plans (HMO, PPO, etc.)
contracts, claims and payment processes.
- Have excellent computer and telephone skills.
- Have basic knowledge of medical office practices, terminology,
- Have excellent communication/customer service. Must be able to
clearly and precisely communicate with doctors, nurses, therapists,
co-workers and patients.
- Adhere to OSHA, HIPAA, and MEDICARE guidelines. REQUIRED
EDUCATION:High school or Equivalent REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: 1 to 20+
years BENEFITS INCLUDE: Health and Wellness Insurance (health,
vision, dental), Disability Insurance (short-term and long-term),
Life Insurance, Paid Time Off (vacation, sick and holiday),
401K/Profit Sharing plan.
Keywords: Hand to Shoulder Center of Wisconsin LTD, Appleton , Patient Accounts Representative, Other , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!