Hoffmaster Group Inc, an industry leader producing
the most complete line of specialty disposable tabletop products
for over 70 years, is currently seeking a Night Shift Manager at
their Creative Converting manufacturing facility in Clintonville,
WI. Hoffmaster competes in three distinct business
segments – Foodservice, Consumer, and E-Commerce. Our products
can be found in thousands of retailers, restaurants, hotels, and
more. As a customer centric company, we strive to deliver
innovative solutions to both our customers and the ultimate end
users of our products. This Innovation is a key part of what we do
here at Hoffmaster, and we continue to drive the industry forward
by investing in our employees and state-of-the-art
Our goal is to have an efficient, effective production and
distribution system that meets our customer needs by eliminating
waste every day. We accomplish this by finding ways to
shorten lead-time, reduce inventory and reduce cost using PDCA in
spite of any variable volume and economic downturn.
Responsible for the safety of all associates reporting to
you. Responsible to ensure inventory accuracy for all areas
of responsibility. Must work to drive cost out of the
departments that report to you through continuous improvement
efforts. Work collaboratively with the other sites (including
those that do not report to you such as the Food Service
distribution function) to take advantage of synergy opportunities
and share best practices. This is a 6 pm - 6 am shift on a
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide coaching to direct reports to help them become
technically competent while also improving their capability to
coach and motivate their people.
- Reinforce vision and values.
- Written and verbal communication upwards, downwards, and across
the organization chart.
- Lead and delegate setting clear performance expectations and
holding people accountable.
- Is organized and displays good time-management skills.
- Always carries self in a professional manner especially in
dealings with employees and customers.
- Displays a positive attitude and expects that from direct
- Responsible for the safety of all associates in areas of
responsibility and throughout the manufacturing facility.
- Identify problems and ensure appropriate problem solving
approach is followed. Ensure problems are ultimately solved to the
benefit of the company and
- Manage projects using established project management tools and
- Lead lean manufacturing events and train direct reports in lean
- Create performance improvement plans and measure against
- Is process oriented and results focused.
- Understand and know all processes within area of
- Basic understanding of company financial measures.
- Understands our Enterprise Resource Planning system.
- Knows how to use the entire suite of Microsoft Office
- Responsible for all activities taking place in the facility.
This includes non-production areas such as maintenance and
- On shift crew leader development.
- Development via OJT – PDCA: Utilize on-the job training and the
"plan-do-check-act" cycle to develop people.
- Develop people by being a good delegator and coach.
- Knows and understands good active listening skills and then
- Utilizes good team building skills.
- Leadership: Set clear performance expectations and hold people
- Clear concise communication both verbally and in writing to all
levels within the organization.
- Can lead a project using formal project management approach.
- Self-starter. Passionate about continuous
- Quality Orientation: Meets specification for both external and
- Understands and uses formal problem solving approaches. Trains
and expects use of same by direct
- Sales and Negotiation Skills: Garners support behind
projects/ideas. Consensus builder.
- Use of decision tools.
- Recognize Waste and Opportunity: Able to recognize waste and
size up opportunities for improvement, even in a lean manufacturing
- Competent in our ERP system (currently LX). Knows the Microsoft
Office Suite of PC tools.
- Professional certification by a recognized accreditation agency
- 7 years in manufacturing management. Experience in the paper or
film converting or printing industry a plus.
Chiefly in Clintonville, WI. Occasional travel to sister
division in Oshkosh, WI or for training or equipment review.
Disclaimer: The above
information on this description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Statement: To accomplish this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or
without reasonable accommodation, each essential function
satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help
enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR