Safety and Training Coordinator- 2nd and 3rd Shift
Company: Hoffmaster Group, Inc.
Posted on: October 9, 2021
Hoffmaster Group Inc, an industry leader producing the most
complete line of specialty disposable tabletop products for over 70
years, is currently seeking a Safety and Training Coordinator at
their Creative Converting facility in Clintonville, WI. Hoffmaster
competes in three distinct business segments – Foodservice,
Consumer, and E-Commerce. Our products can be found in thousands of
retailers, restaurants, hotels, and more. As a customer centric
company, we strive to deliver innovative solutions to both our
customers and the ultimate end users of our products. This
Innovation is a key part of what we do here at Hoffmaster, and we
continue to drive the industry forward by investing in our
employees and state-of-the-art technology.
The primary responsibilities of the Safety & Training
Coordinator will be supporting, training, auditing and enforcement
of the plant-wide environmental, health and safety programs. This
position is also centered on the implementation and ongoing
development of the Safety Training/Education Program along with
other safety and general training needs including new hire
Essential Job Duties:
(Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To
accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential
function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.)
- Support the required EHS standards to ensure the environmental,
health, safety and security of employees.
- Assist in building team cultural support of policies related to
EHS by supporting efforts in properly treating workplace injuries
- Assist in creating a culture of injury-free attitudes within
the plant team by demonstrating honest, genuine care and passion
for safety that is demonstrated by the EHS Manager.
- Participate/investigate all near miss, incident, injury, or
illness investigations to discover root cause and develop
corrective actions to prevent reoccurrences.
- Conduct plant workplace inspections and audits to identify work
hazards and exposure. Follow through with corrective actions
and write work orders where appropriate. Tracking of safety
related work orders.
- Conduct EHS safety training for the workforce. Track and
trend EHS training completed and facilitate makeup safety
- Participate in employee safety committee meetings.
- Complete safety projects as assigned by EHS Manager.
- Develop and facilitate plant wide training objectives to
include tracking and documenting training activities.
- Provide PC based documentation for safety and training in
Industry Safe Program.
- Assist in the development of Plant Safety Rules.
- Assist with the monitoring, recording, and publishing of plant
- Continuously improve and add to the training process.
- Be a resource to employees on EHS.
- Review and update all Safety Procedures and ensure they are
updated in all manuals.
- Facilitate New Hire Orientation and check-in with New Hires
regularly to benchmark training progress.
- Track employee participation programs,
- Manage the SDS Database.
- Follow all Food Safety, GMP and HACCP Guidelines.
- Some EHS experience in manufacturing.
- Excellent problem identification and resolution skills.
Decision-making skills and the ability to work independently, using
- Oral and written communication, interpersonal, persuasive,
leadership and negotiation skills are required to interact with all
levels of management, staff, employees and external customers.
- Proficiency in computer applications including Word, Excel and
- Must possess strong management skills; demonstrate flexibility
and ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
The physical demands described herein are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed almost exclusively in an office
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Regularly access other work centers (some walking, and bending,
occasional stooping, lifting of light materials).
- Frequent mental and visual concentration required for computer
usage and general office tasks.
- Safety hazards are minimal.
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or
- EHS experience in manufacturing
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Hoffmaster Group, Inc., Appleton , Safety and Training Coordinator- 2nd and 3rd Shift, Other , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!