Manager, Sales Strategic Accounts - Government and Education
Posted on: July 11, 2021
At a glance:
- Are you a client-focused and growth-motivated sales expert
skilled in outlining unique combinations of telecommunication
solutions for Government and Education clients?
- Can you commit to a leadership sales role guiding a team of
high-performing sales managers and representatives to exceed
- Do you desire a competitive salary with an uncapped sales
commission and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work
environment that encourages our team members to reach their full
potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates
diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently
exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a
national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving
America's largest businesses and communications service providers.
The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and
managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and
networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's
industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to
achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to
meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum
Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
You drive revenue generation through the decisive leadership,
supervision and direction of the Government and Education vertical
sales program. As the Manager of Sales Strategic Accounts
Government and Education, you excel at guiding a team of Major
Account Executives, Strategic Account Managers and Strategic
Account Representatives to exceed targeted revenue goals. With a
sharp focus on consultative selling techniques, you support your
team as they outline unique combinations of Ethernet, cloud
services, high-speed data, fiber services, business class phone and
session initiation protocol (SIP) to Government and Education
You maximize sales efforts by developing key internal relationships
with Market Development, Construction, Sales Support and Marketing.
You are passionate about proactively developing extensive contacts
within the Government and Education business community. You have an
aptitude for identifying roadblocks and overcoming obstacles with
the ability to share this knowledge with your team. You thrive with
regular travel to capture new business accounts and support your
sales team within a specified footprint. You report directly to the
Director of Enterprise Sales for goals, guidance and
- Competitive salary with sales incentives.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.
What you will do:
- Be a motivating leader of the Government and Education sales
team by recruiting, training and guiding the team into a
productive, cohesive unit that exceeds monthly revenue goals.
- Drive the sales process by conducting weekly sales team
meetings and one-on-one reviews of activity and performance.
- Improve revenue by monitoring the sales team in both
maintenance and acquisition of accounts and making constructive and
- Maximize the sales cycle by attending sales calls with
- Provide weekly sales forecasts and summaries for operational
executive teams to leverage.
- Maintain quality and encourage long-term client retention by
assigning high-priority clients or business development with
significant long-term potential to qualified sales members.
- Mitigate risks by conducting sales and team activity within
compliance of our policies and procedures.
- Enhance the sales process by performing special projects and
acting on long-term business-building opportunities as
- Develop team sales skills by providing regular coaching and
mentoring to team members.
- Perform additional duties related to the position as
Required keys for success:
- Three or more years of leadership experience in a competitive
telecommunications sales environment.
- Five or more years of Enterprise level account sales experience
in the telecommunications industry.
- Track record of success managing assigned territory to achieve
or exceed quota.
- Familiar with Ethernet, cloud services, high-speed data, fiber
services and fiber connected networks.
- History of developing and executing a strategic plan customized
for key prospects and clients.
- Experience supervising teams and managing office procedures
while organizing, implementing and maintaining sales goals.
- Previous leadership or team lead experience in a high-volume,
fast-paced environment requiring teamwork, flexibility and change
- Solid organizational development and business skills.
- Conversant with telecommunications and networking
- Intermediate business analysis skills using Microsoft Office
tools and Salesforce or similar client relationship management
- Valid driver's license, a safe driving record and availability
for frequent travel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with
all levels of an organization.
How you will stand out:
- Previous experience in the Government and Education
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related field or an equivalent
combination of education, training and experience (required).
Keywords: Spectrum, Appleton , Manager, Sales Strategic Accounts - Government and Education, Other , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!