Bakery Lead - 403
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Company Name: Roundy's
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Backup the department manager and oversee the department
successfully in the manager's absence, mastering the Standard
Operating Procedures (SOP's) including merchandising, order guides,
scheduling, contribution to profit, people development and customer
service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty,
integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Encourage teamwork through cooperative interactions with
- Welcome, serve and assist customers to provide excellent
- Ensure proper staffing to address service levels and efficient
utilization of labor.
- Operate equipment (e.g., knives, box cutter and pricing gun)
according to company guidelines.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions
and requests in a timely manner.
- Ensure opening/closing procedures are followed according to the
standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Assure storage and code dating SOPs are adhered to for all
- Ensure all price changes and in-store transfers occur in a
timely fashion in the department manager's absence.
- Ensure the removal and disposal of un-sellable product from the
- Follow all merchandising guidelines, including display models,
signage, and product packaging.
- Monitor the temperature and placement of products in coolers
and freezers to maintain freshness of products.
- Oversee product portion control to ensure SOPs are met.
- Ensure all receiving procedures are adhered to appropriately in
the department manager's absence.
- Proof, bake, glaze, top, and thaw product in accordance with
- Perform stocking duties, ensuring correct placement of stock
and refilling of product.
- Follow all company and department policies and SOPs.
- Comply with and reinforce all food safety, sanitation and
safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs according to
company, local, state, and federal health code regulations;
identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Maintain ability to work all shifts and flexibility to relocate
to another store location.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently
walking on wet surfaces, standing, turning, kneeling, reaching,
squatting, stooping/bending, lifting and carrying objects 5 to 80
lbs. and pushing/pulling objects 200 to 2,000 lbs. exposure to
hot/cold temperatures. Occasionally crawl, climb ladders and
walking on uneven ground.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this
position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications/Education:
- High school diploma or general education degree, 1+ years'
retail experience or an equivalent combination of education and
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Strong math skills (e.g., calculate discounts, proportions,
- Basic algebra and geometry skills (e.g., calculate
- Ability to read/interpret documents (e.g., training
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to speak effectively to groups of
Education Level: Associates Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Pick n Save: At Pick 'n Save, our values are rooted in
the Midwest -we work hard and we believe in the team members that
make what we do possible each day. It's these values that allow us
to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value
and service as we have for over 140 years. Here, you'll find
opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and
be a member of a team that is dedicated to supporting our stores
and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half
a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily
through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner
names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone and dedicated
to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit. We are committed to
creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The
Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages,
flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WI || Appleton || N135 Stoneybrook Rd. || 54915
|| Roundy's || None || Deli/Bakery || Employee || Non-Exempt ||
Full-Time || None
Keywords: Kroger, Appleton , Bakery Lead - 403, Other , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!