Research & Development Manager - Neenah Filtration
Company: Neenah Paper, Inc
Posted on: June 9, 2021
With an experience of more than 50 years Neenah Filtration has a
huge knowhow in many applications. Starting with the automotive and
transportation filtration business in Germany and solutions for
membrane casting substrates in the USA, Neenah Filtration has now
extended its application portfolio and is growing our team.
In this newly created role, the R&D Manager will support our
Industrial Filtration organization. This individual will primarily
focus on automotive filtration products, while having the
opportunity to develop Air (HVAC), Gas Turbine, Dust, and other
non-automotive filtration products.
- Leads R&D Filtration Media Technology team to enable New
Product Development for Transportation Filtration
- Leads research in fluid flow, material science, and
resin/polymer chemistries to enable New Product road map of Neenah
Filtration within Transportation Filtration and adjacent
- Maintains collaborations with other research and academic
entities that enable breakthrough innovation.
- Leads and/or participates in the development of new products
and new processes that enable next generation technologies.
- Utilizes sound fundamentals like NPI Stage/Gate and Design of
Experiments (DOE); leads project teams and task forces.
- Plans, manages, budgets and directs projects by closely working
with multi-functional teams with members from around the
- Communicates clearly with team members, management, customers,
suppliers and other key partners.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in resolving customer
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Chemical or other Engineering
field, Material Science, Chemistry or Polymer Science.
- 10+ years of experience R&D/New Product Development and/or
design engineering environment.
- 5+ years' experience in people management
- Knowledge of Filter Media Design, Fluid dynamics, Chemical and
Hydromechanics, advanced membrane technology is highly
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Up to 30% travel, nationally and internationally, required for
this role (While 30% of travel is typically required, due to
COVID-19 non-essential travel is currently suspended.)
- MS/PhD degree in Science or Engineering
- Application knowledge of Transportation Filtration is highly
Neenah has built a tradition of innovation, service and growth
since its founding in 1873 and we create value by improving the
image and performance of everything we touch. Based in Alpharetta,
GA with R&D and manufacturing facilities in the United States,
United Kingdom, the Netherlands and Germany, Neenah is a publicly
traded company and a global leader serving customers across 6
continents in more than 80 countries. We are a leading manufacturer
of both specialty, performance-based products that serve a variety
of end markets, and premium fine papers and packaging used to
convey and enhance image through unique colors, textures, and
finishes. Neenah presents true, varied and exciting choices that
are both environmentally and aesthetically exceptional through
sound environmental practices at our manufacturing facilities
Keywords: Neenah Paper, Inc, Appleton , Research & Development Manager - Neenah Filtration, Other , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!