Posted on: June 8, 2021
BE A PART OF OUR SUCCESS!Founded in 1958, Perkins operates 324
restaurants in 32 states and four Canadian provinces. The Perkins
system includes 90 company-owned and operated restaurants and 234
franchised units. Throughout its history, Perkins Restaurant &
Bakery has remained true to its mission of providing guests with
personalized service and delicious, homestyle food at a great
value.Perkins has experienced years of success through ensuring
100% guest satisfaction on every visit. If you want to work and
grow with a company who has a proven track record of success, has
an unmatched commitment to their employees and employees the best
in the industry, you are in the right place!Position
DescriptionAs a Lead Cook, you will be responsible for
overseeing day-to-day kitchen operations and following an
established production schedule. In addition, you will perform all
duties to maximize guest satisfaction and a quality work
environment as directed by Manager on
- Reports to work well groomed, in a clean and proper uniform,
and at all times practices good personal hygiene.
- Maintains food and equipment inventories.
- Uses, maintains, and cleans all kitchen line equipment,
preparation and storage areas.
- Stocks and rotates products on cooking line.
- Has sufficient knowledge of cooking stations, menu items and
prep procedures to ensure correct portioning, quality, cooking time
and performance standards.
- Cooks and prepares menu items according to guest request within
company standards and following food safety and sanitation
- Monitors and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold
handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause
food borne illness. Ensures all food safety regulations are
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to
achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Communicates with the Manager on Duty and coworkers regarding
product/service deficiencies equipment, safety problems, etc.
Physical Requirements / Environment / Work
- Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and customer service
taught through in-house training
- Must be able to communicate clearly
- Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
Benefits & Perks:
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy
stress/pressure during peak times
- Must possess a high level of coordination
- Must lift and carry up to 50 pounds for distances up to 30
- Must be able to fit through an opening 30 wide
- Requires frequent reaching, bending, pushing and pulling
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold and odors
- Requires continual standing and walking
DisclaimerThis job description is not intended, and
should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated
with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection
of those principal job elements essential for making decisions
related to job performance, employee development and compensation.
As such, the employee may perform other duties and responsibilities
- Health Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Schedule
Keywords: Perkins, Appleton , Lead Cook, Other , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!