Staff Accountant - Appleton, WI
Company: Werner Electric Supply
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Staff Accountant - Appleton, WI
"A Great Place to Work."
As a Staff Accountant at Werner Electric Supply, you'll join a
growing and innovative distributor of electrical products,
services, and solutions that consistently ranks as one of the top
electrical distributors nationwide. As an employee of Werner
Electric Supply, we're committed to you and improving our
workplace. You'll receive training and development, recognition for
your hard work and successes, and opportunities to volunteer so you
can positively-impact our customers and community. You matter to
us, and we strive to retain our employees by providing career
options, strong benefits, and a competitive compensation
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- 2+ years of related experience preferred.
- CPA designation preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability
to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand and be able to troubleshoot accounting issues by
partnering with members of the sales, operations, project
management, pricing, and other cross functional departments.
- Perform month-end close activities, including account
reconciliations and GL account analysis. Assist in month end review
of financial statements.
- Assist with developing and preparing daily, weekly, monthly and
annual performance metrics as needed.
- Assist with fixed asset accounting including annual property
- Assist in evaluation of business system processes and
developing procedures where improvement is needed.
- Oversee customer deposit process and ensure it complies with
current revenue recognition standards
- Involvement in continuous improvement projects.
- Participate in cost analyses and rate studies.
- Responsible for working knowledge of accounting software.
- Responsible for tracking sales incentives and vendor
- Assist with preparation of Service level P&L.
- Responsible for inventory accounting.
- Manage all activities related to insurance.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Founded in 1948, Werner Electric Supply has grown from a small
appliance store in downtown Neenah, WI into an award-winning
employer and leading electrical distributor with 11 branch
locations in Wisconsin and Upper-Michigan. Headquartered in
Appleton, WI, we provide electrical, lighting, network, process,
and inventory management solutions for a diverse group of
industrial and construction customers. We are a growing,
privately-held company with over 450 employees who uphold a family
culture built around exceptional customer service. As a recent New
North Workplace Excellence Award winner, we're dedicated to the
continuous improvement of our people, products, and services to
ensure the long-term success of our employees and customers. Apply
today and find out why we're a "Great Place to Work."
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Paid holidays, vacation, personal, and sick days
- Pet Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Accident Insurance & Critical Illness Coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Annual bonuses and merit increases based on performance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Programs
- Career Development & Leadership Training
Werner Electric Supply is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Werner Electric Supply, Appleton , Staff Accountant - Appleton, WI, Other , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!