Car Rental City Manager
Company: Midwestern Wheels, Inc
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Midwestern Wheels, Inc.
City Manager Job Description
The Appleton City Manager is responsible for the overall
management of the day-to-day operations of the Avis Rent A Car -
Budget Rent A Car and Budget Truck brands. This includes
supervising and developing staff, managing the fleet of cars and
trucks, organizing, and directing all activities related to rental
to maximize revenue and growth, while maintaining the highest level
of customer satisfaction. The hours for this position will
primarily be Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. with
some evenings and weekends required. Managers are generally
expected to work between 40-45 hours per week.
City Manager Specific Job Duties
- Manage and monitor productivity of all Appleton operational
activities and personnel
- Complete adherence to and support of Midwestern Wheels Inc.
Counter Sales Program. Ensure staff is properly trained, motivated
and coached relative to each product offered, sales and operation
- Hire, supervise, develop, motivate, and evaluate the
performance of staff.
- Implement HR policies in the area of discipline, motivation,
and performance in a consistent and fair manner.
- Establish, communicate, monitor, and update objectives for
staff consistent with Company goals and objectives.
- Plan and implement staffing schedules based on business demands
and transaction levels.
- Support of Midwestern Wheels Quality Assurance program to
ensure vehicle quality is at a consistently high level.
- Ensure customer complaints and feedback are handled and
resolved in a timely, effective manner.
- Ongoing communication with Service Department leadership and
staff to ensure service-related operations are running at optimal
levels to meet rental needs / activity.
- Maintain adequate vehicle control in accordance with company
- Build and maintain business relationships to facilitate
profitability. Including building relationships
City Manager Benefits
Midwestern Wheels, Inc. provides a competitive salary and
excellent benefits for its employees:
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Personal use of company vehicle
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Additional discounts including, but not limited to car rentals
are accessible to employees.
City Manager Required Qualifications
- Associates degree or a minimum of 3 years leadership or
supervisory experience where sales and/or customer service were key
elements of your duties
- Strong organizational and analytical skills to track all
appropriate operational measures and analyze operational
- Capacity to learn extensive training material and apply daily
on the job.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate The Five Factors of Credibility:
Competence, Character, Composure, Courage and Care for People.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to interact with both
internal and external customers at all levels.
- Ability to manage and motivate staff in a team
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- Must have a valid state drivers license and no more than 2
moving violations in the current 12-month period
- No drug or alcohol related conviction on driving record in the
past 3 years
About the Company
Midwestern Wheels, Inc. is a licensee of Avis Budget Group, Inc.
a leading global provider of vehicle rental services. Midwestern
Wheels, Inc. was established in 1958 and operates the Avis and
Budget Rent A Car brands at locations in six Wisconsin cities:
Appleton, Green Bay, Madison, Mosinee and Rhinelander. Our
Management and Administrative Services Support Teams are located in
Midwestern Wheels Inc. is a high energy workplace where things
move forward every day. We are Customer-Led, Service-Driven
organization that offers an enthusiastic, family-friendly and
collaborative work environment where you can expect to be
developed, recognized and rewarded for a job well done. If you want
to go somewhere in your career, Midwestern Wheels Inc. is the place
Keywords: Midwestern Wheels, Inc, Appleton , Car Rental City Manager, Other , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!