In addition to base pay, this position qualified for a $3/hr.
Covid pay through July 2021.
Make The Ride Happen assists older adults and individuals with
disabilities so they can remain active and involved in their
community. Make The Ride Happen coordinates with other local
transportation services to find rides for residents that meet their
We are looking for a Part Time Transportation Coordinator to
assist in the organization of transportation options and resources
for older adults, individuals with disabilities and the
disadvantaged general public. This position will also be
responsible for supporting the lead coordinator in running the
volunteer driver programs.
This is a 16 hour a week Part Time Position, M-F , very flexible
JOB SUMMARY :
The Transportation Coordinator, under the supervision of the
Mobility Manager, coordinates transportation options and resources
for older adults and individuals with disabilities and coordinates
the volunteer driver program
- Ability to Contribute to 403B
- Employee Assistance Program
- Service Awards and Recognition
AGENCY REQUIREMENTS (Required of all employees):
- Must comply with applicable service regulations as well as
agency and departmental policies and procedures.
- Must relate to people of varied ethnic and cultural
backgrounds, ages, and economic circumstances with respect and
- Must support the Mission, Vision and Values of the Agency.
- Represent LSS internally and externally as a servant leader in
thought, words and actions.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive
and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities,
as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Responds to requests from individuals and agencies regarding
- Advocates on behalf of individuals as necessary.
- Recruits, trains, schedules and coordinates volunteer
- Interacts with transportation providers to understand existing
transportation resources including geographic boundaries,
eligibility, fares, service hours, days available and other
- Makes appropriate referrals to social service agencies,
information and assistance providers and community resources.
- Educates and promotes existing community resources
- Works with Mobility Manager to facilitate development of
- Maintains database with individual demographic data and program
- Attends local advocacy meetings with providers, consumers and
County Human Services Agencies.
- Attends other designated meeting to assist with outreach in the
- Coordinates weekly deposits of individual donations while
maintaining accurate records
- Maintains caller records, statistical reports and other
projects related to transportation coordination as directed by the
Mobility Manager or Advisory Board.
- Uses alternative technologies/techniques, as well as
interpreters, to communicate with people with varying abilities
(TDD, Braille, etc.).
- Attends staff meetings and participates in training activities
- Assist with certification for individuals with disabilities
and/or those who are aging to gain access to transportation with
local public/private transportation resource to provide fare
- Documents areas of unmet transportation needs and advocates
when possible for added services
- Expected to understand productivity expectations and meet those
standards that have been established for the role and the
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (if applicable):
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Upon offer, candidates must successfully complete the
necessary background, caregiver, medical and any other checks
required, according to program requirements. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalency is
- One (1) year of work experience, with older adults and
individuals with disabilities is preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills, sound judgment and strong
customer service skills needed.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- The incumbent of this position must have a valid driver's
license and have reliable transportation to perform the essential
duties of the role; a motor vehicle check (MVR) with a satisfactory
driving record per the LSS Driver Safety Procedure is required, and
ability to meet LSS auto insurance requirements.
- First Aid training and CPR Certificate (when required)
preferred, but may be required to obtain after hire.
- Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret to complete
required documentation by established timeframes.
- Ability to document in a neat, legible, accurate, objective and
consistent manner to reflect the services provided.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from all levels of LSS management and employees, as well
as the individual, family, and circle of support.
- Working knowledge of computers to allow employee to access
computer systems and applications to complete timecards, read and
respond to email, and complete required on-line training.
- Ability to utilize efficiently an electronic health record(s)
for documentation of direct services.
- Must be able to work on computer and utilize computer
applications and programs to effectively complete the job.
- Ability to work within a variety of ever-changing software
packages and computer systems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to frequently stand, walk, bend/stoop, crouch,
kneel and crawl and occasionally sit. The position will require the
ability to access a variety of locations in the community.
The employee must react appropriately in times of crisis that
may include verbal and physical aggression from the individuals
supported. Employee must also recognize and take appropriate action
if signs of abuse or neglect are present. Understands and is able
to evaluate the potential for medical or behavioral emergency.
The employee of this position works in office and/or community
environment and may be exposed to common household allergens such
as dust, mildew, smoke and pets. The employee will also be exposed
to outdoor weather conditions when traveling on company
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TRAVEL: Daily travel may be required.
LSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.