Senior System Administrator/Engineer - Linux
Posted on: June 6, 2021
College degree (2 or 4 year program) in the field of computer
science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience and
technical training, is required. Professional System Administration
work experience of four or more years is strongly preferred..
- Extensive hardware knowledge of installation, configuration and
troubleshooting for PCs, laptops, and mobile devices.
- Experience with centralized storage technologies and their
associated protocols such as FCP and iSCSI.
- Experience with project management methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
concepts and practices.
- Healthcare industry practices and HIPAA knowledge would be a
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
The Senior Systems Administrator/Engineer ensures efforts are in
alignment with the Infrastructure team to support customer-focused
objectives and the IT Vision, a collaborative partner delivering
innovative ideas, solutions and services to simplify people's
lives. The SA will be responsible for participating in the
construction, maintenance, and enhancement of the Navitus IT
infrastructure. The SA will also provide input into infrastructure
design decisions. Under the leadership and tactical supervision of
the Infrastructure Manager, the SA will collaborate with clients,
staff, IT colleagues, and other stakeholders to identify user
requirements, assess available technologies, and recommend solution
options to meet the operational needs of Navitus.
Individuals in this job position are competent to perform work
at the advanced technical level within their area(s) of
responsibility. They have familiarity with project management and
leadership techniques. They have desire to coach other team members
as well as plan work for others to meet project deadlines.
The main challenge to the SA is to assess objectives for the
assigned project phases and recommend technical strategies and
tactics to achieve business needs. The SA also applies knowledge of
various technical strategies to accurately anticipate
organizational impacts. They must understand the procedures and
expected system performance associated with the introduction of new
solutions. The SA will serve as the primary resource for at least
two Infrastructure areas of responsibility and as a secondary
resource for additional areas. As the SA gains knowledge and
proficiency, they will begin to engage in solution design. They
share responsibility with other team members to ensure on-time
product delivery, which requires a clear understanding of
expectations and capabilities and the ability to act effectively as
a team member.
- Ensure efforts delight the customer.
- Provide superior customer service utilizing a high-touch,
customer centric approach focused on collaboration and
- Contribute to a positive team atmosphere.
- Innovate and create value for the customer.
- Immediately respond to critical company infrastructure issues
including desktop, software, hardware, application and server
- Install and configure services, troubleshoot connectivity
issues, and conduct/troubleshoot system diagnostics.
- Solve problems quickly and/or escalate to appropriate person(s)
- Coordinate and prioritize requests and issues to provide
complete resolution of IT issues and projects.
- Install, test and debug new technologies to ensure highest
service levels are met while following the guidelines of the
- Identify and assess IT problems, evaluate and implement
- Lead Infrastructure Team projects.
- Provide coaching and guidance to colleagues to ensure the
infrastructure is developed in a way that complies with
architectural guidelines and established methodologies.
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project
efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the
attainment of project goals and implementing corrective
- Other related duties as assigned/required.
Responsibilities (including one or more of the following):
- Expert knowledge Linux Administration
- Red Hat Satellite (Foreman)
- Red Hat Ansible (Playbooks, AWX)
- GIT Repositories
- Enterprise Logging Software (e.g. splunk)
- Automation and scripting
- Asset Management
- Openshift and Kubernates clusters
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- Working knowledge of VMWare
- Working knowledge of CISCO UCS infrastructure
- Working knowledge of Citrix and VDI technologies
- Working knowledge of load balancing technologies
Keywords: Navitus, Appleton , Senior System Administrator/Engineer - Linux, Other , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!