Who we are:
Honesty, fairness, hard work, performance, and the love of
construction. At Boldt, these are the values that drive us. They
push us to be better every day. To provide the highest-quality
service and greatest value to every project we're a part of. We're
looking for forward thinking people who share in that dedication.
An innovative spirit, results-oriented thinking, and a dedication
to our values have helped us grow into one of the largest
professional construction services firms in the United States.
As a member of the Boldt team, you'll collaborate with some of
the most knowledgeable professionals in our industry. You'll have
the chance to learn new skills and seek greater responsibilities,
while earning competitive pay and benefits. And you'll join a team
that builds real value in the world around you.
How your role fits into Boldt:
The Estimator III will lead the assessment of the customer's
needs and desires relative to the project costs. This position will
need to accurately communicate the estimated project cost in
alignment with needs and expectation of the customers and project.
The Estimator III will ensure vested parties are aware of any known
or suspected risks relative to the constructability during the
project development process.
What you get to do:
- Support all estimating and target value design functions for
projects including establishing reporting formats, assignment of
areas of estimating responsibility, compiling estimates,
preparation of and oversight of project estimate development.
- Prepare internal project review documents for leadership to
make business decisions concerning the project cost and
- Coach and support junior estimators during the estimating
process so they can continue to grow in their roles.
- Assess the needs and requests from internal and external
- Provide oversight during the project cost validation, Target
Value Management (TVM) and Schematic Design process.
- Assist leadership in facilitating assessment and support of
risk evaluation, resources and opportunities. Consolidate all risk
and opportunities and integrate into the overall project cost.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships and the highest
ethical standards with clients, and other customers. Communicate
with customers openly and honestly, while maintaining the company's
confidential and proprietary information. Seek input and feedback
from both external and internal customers.
- Support leadership and project teams during negotiations with
owners , suppliers, subcontractors and trade partners.
- Support the development and implementation of project pursuit
- Assist project teams with procurement, subcontractor/vendor
databases, and cost element database maintenance.
- Implement and promote lean practices on our projects.
- Participate in continued improvement of estimating tools,
databases and methods.
What we expect from you:
- Four-year architecture, engineering, construction management or
related degree, along with knowledge of the design and construction
- Minimum of seven years of experience in the construction
industry with project delivery experience. Three to five years
estimating experience required.
- Experience working with Business Intelligence applications,
On-Screen Takeoff, Vico, Internet Based Plan-rooms, Estimating
Software (WinEst, Timberline, Beck), and BIM programs, is
beneficial but not required.
- Advanced Microsoft O365 experience.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to remain in a stationary position for up to
eight hours. The employee occasionally is required to move to
access people or workspaces. Constantly operates a computer and
other office equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine and
computer printer. The ability to effectively communicate is
required. The employee may occasionally move up to 15 pounds.
The working conditions of this position requires the employee to
work inside an office environment. The environment for which this
position functions may contain scents and fragrances. May be
requested to work overtime and weekends.
The Boldt Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job description is intended to be a summary of the primary
essential duties and responsibilities of this position. The job
description is not intended to be inclusive of all duties an
individual in this position might be asked to perform or all of the
qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or
changed at any time.
What we can offer you:
We are a multi- generational family owned, privately held
organization. Along with encouraging a safe and robust team based
environment, we offer:
- A competitive wage with a comprehensive medical, prescription
drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to share in the
company's success along with an annual bonus based on overall
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays
- Wellness resources, including a health mentor, health
assessments, maternity management, and life care
- Relocation assistance
- Have equal access to opportunities and resources at all levels
of the company. Opportunity to grow and persevere including
- Diversity and inclusion training programs
- Mentorship program
- Community engagement
The Boldt Company is an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will
ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable
accommodation to participate in the job application or interview
process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other
benefits and privileges of employment. This policy applies to all
employees and job applicants.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an
accommodation or other assistance during the application process,
please contact our Human Resources department. All qualified
applicants are reassured to apply.
This position is located in Appleton, WI. View the Google Map in