Job Title: Shift Manager I
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports to: Store Director
Under the direction of the Store Director and Assistant Store
Director, assists day-to-day store operations efficiently.
A Fresh Take: Why Festival Foods?
- Work/Life Balance: Our associates need time away from work to
balance their lives - that's why we offer work/life balance
scheduling for all associates. We also start at 15 days of PTO for
all of our Full-Time associates
- Associate Discount: Enjoy 5% off your grocery purchases, and
10% off a peak-this-week produce offering
- Grow: With our Management Trainee, Emerging Leaders, e-Learning
Platform, and more - there are so many ways to grow & develop
personally & professionally
- Be an Owner: No really, be the owner! Become an owner of
Festival Foods through our Employee Stock Ownership Program and be
empowered to make decisions to bring our guests back
- Bank Bucks for College: You contribute 50 cents per hour
worked, and Festival will match up to $10,000 for school &
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Communicates and reinforces Festival culture, customer service,
and performance expectations to store associates.
- Documents violations of company policies/procedures by
associates and conducts progressive disciplinary actions with
associates when necessary
- Answers questions and provides guidance to guests and
Ensures all department standards are being met in the store
during assigned shift.
- Observes sales floor and back stock conditions; takes action to
correct areas of opportunity
- Communicates and works cooperatively with Store Director,
Department Managers, and associates to maintain standards and
exceed guest expectations
- Oversees sanitation within the store during assigned
Provides customer service to guests.
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for
throughout the store
- Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is
not satisfied with the service or product received
Assists all department associates with daily responsibilities.
Responsible for quality control during assigned shift. Helps ensure
product safety and freshness. Must make sure customers receive the
products and services they order. The Shift Manager I is
responsible for reporting any issues or quality defects to the
Department Managers. The Shift Manager I must make sure the
workplace is safe and clean during assigned shift. This includes
reviewing and enforcing all Occupational Safety standards and
policies. The Shift Manager I is responsible for completing and
filing all incident reports and accident reports and reporting all
violations. Other duties as assigned. Regular, timely attendance in
compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a
replacement for occasional absences.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to
handle a diverse crew in a stressful environment.
- Thorough understanding of all safety requirements and company
safety policies, including proper lifting techniques and box cutter
- Ability to use the following equipment: forklift, harness,
power jack, walk behind lift, WAV, baler, compactor.
- Must be available to work until close (10pm) at least one night
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The associate must possess the ability to stand in place for
long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel
regularly. Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and
eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment.
- The associate must have full range of upper body motion in
order to lift stock. Requires the ability to perform repetitive
tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Must possess functional sensory abilities in order to visually
monitor the store, create attractive displays, and to operate
- The position requires the associate to lift up to 50 pounds on
a regular basis.
The Shift Manager I is a part-time or full-time hourly position.
The work schedule will include mornings, afternoons, evenings,
weekends, and holidays.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service,
state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival
Foods, we're not simply selling groceries; we're on a mission!
Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang
Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take
actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a
family and employee-owned company.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment
of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are
available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of
skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent
a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods
believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates,
products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our
guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented