Customer Service Representative
Company: A.O. Smith
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Company / Location Information
Water technology is one of the fastest-growing industries in the
world. As a leading global water technology company, A. O. Smith
Corporation is at the center of the trend. We are a $3 billion
company with over 145 years of history and more than 15,000
employees. Our emphasis is on hot water and clean water; we are one
of the world's largest manufacturers of residential and commercial
water heating equipment as well as a supplier of water purification
products in a number of emerging countries. A. O. Smith is
committed to continuous improvement and maintaining a culture that
values and respects our employees.
Water-Right, Inc., based in Appleton, Wisconsin, is A. O. Smith's
water quality solutions provider with a complete line of
residential and commercial products and systems for a wide variety
of applications, including solutions for problem well water.
Water-Right products are sold under the Evolve, WaterCare,
Sanitizer Series, Impression Series and CustomCare product brands.
In addition to its advanced and innovative product solutions,
Water-Right also has a retail facility, Water-Right Services, and a
state-certified lab, Clean Water Testing LLC, specializing in water
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) assists customers
with purchased orders, stock checks and general information. The
Customer Service Representative (CSR) also acts as a liaison
between customers and AO Smith regarding specialty questions and
advice. This individual processes orders for materials or
merchandise received by mail, telephone, or personally from
customers or company employees by performing the following
- Manage parts sales order backlog.
- Utilize JDE information effectively and efficiently while
entering all customer parts orders into JDE
- Receive and handle customer requests and complaints via phone,
fax or computer.
- Inform customer of parts prices, shipping date, anticipated
delays, and any additional information needed by customer.
- Call customers when necessary to advise shipment delay and/or
to obtain additional information.
- Check inventory and schedule shipment of customer orders.
- Follow-up on orders to ensure delivery by specified dates.
- Check and confirm, price and discount of customers.
- Confers with production, sales, shipping, warehouse, or common
carrier personnel to expedite or trace missing or delayed
- Compiles statistics and prepares various reports for management
including replacement parts field information, cross reference and
- Handle irate customers in a professional manner.
- Obtain customer feedback information.
- Participates in continued update and improvement of parts
- Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required
- 3+ years of related work experience or training preferred but
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Excel,
- Responds promptly to customer needs and requests for service
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; completes tasks
correctly with accuracy and thoroughness while also completing them
efficiently and on time
- Listens and remains open to others' ideas
- Gets clarification on instructions
- Accepts responsibility for own actions
- Follows through on commitments
Competetive compensation and comprehensive benefits plans which
include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life
insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term
disability programs and tuition assistance.
Keywords: A.O. Smith, Appleton , Customer Service Representative, Other , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!