Posted on: May 12, 2020
Job Code: CA_MAY20_APL_S Location: Appleton Department: CA FT/PT
Status: Full or Part Time
Job Responsibilities:CapTel, Inc. is a communications center that
provides life-changing captioning services over the telephone for
those who experience hearing loss. Our company is a
telecommunications service necessary for public health and safety,
and is designated as a TSP Level 3 facility. This is the same level
that is given to state and local police and fire departments.
CapTel has an urgent need for full-time and part-time Captioning
Assistants who are able to work first or second shift at our
location in Appleton, WI (requires work on-site). Help us make a
difference and apply TODAY!
Primarily responsible for providing quick and accurate captions for
telephone conversations of Captioned Telephone clients using voice
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Multitask (hear audio, voice what was heard, proof-read
developing captions - all simultaneously).
- Utilize a keyboard by typing proper corrections and other words
- Maintain the CapTel Call Center's quality standards for
accuracy and speed.
- Monitor technical issues on calls and report to appropriate
- Attend job-appropriate meetings and training sessions.
- Sign and abide by the CapTel Call Center's Oath of
Confidentiality, even after employment is terminated.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Additional duties as assigned by administration.
Reporting to this Position: No direct reports.
Job Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent reading skills.
- Strong voicing skills/voice quality - ability to speak quickly
with clear enunciation.
- Excellent spelling/vocabulary.
- Good typing skills (at least 35 words per minute with a low
- Strong memory-recall ability.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while focusing on a high
amount of attention to detail.
- Calm/relaxed demeanor.
- Comfortable and familiar with computers and new technology.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and
work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to sit, hear, and talk; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with
hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by the job
include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
General Sign-Off: The employee is expected to adhere to all company
Other Job Information (if applicable): All qualified applicants
will receive considerations for employment without regard to sex,
race, color, national origin or ancestry, age, disability,
marital/veteran/student status, physical appearance, sexual
orientation, political beliefs, religion, genetic information,
gender identity, a less than honorable discharge from the military,
etc. and any other status protected by federal, state or local law
Any questions? Contact us at:
4351 West College Ave. Suite 200
Appleton, WI 54914
Keywords: CapTel, Appleton , Captioning Assistant, Other , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!