Front Desk Lead
Company: RLH Corporation
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Red Lion Hotels Corporation, established in 1959, is an
international hospitality company primarily engaged in the
franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and
economy hotels under the Hotel RL, Red Lion Hotels, Red Lion Inn &
Suites, GuestHouse, Settle Inn, Vantage Hotels, Americas Best Value
Inn, Canadas Best Value Inn, Lexington by Vantage, America's Best
Inns and Suites; Country Hearth Inns; Jameson Inns; Signature Inn
and 3 Palms Hotels and Resorts brands. The company also owns and
operates an entertainment and event ticket distribution business
under the brand name TicketsWest. For more information, please
visit the company's website at www.rlhco.com.
Provide timely and professional check-in/check-out services in
accordance with established scripting and standards
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in supervising the front desk function; ensure staff is
properly trained including service expectations, hotel facilities
and services, local directions, property management and
reservations systems, safety and emergency procedures, etc.
- Monitor performance and recommend corrective or disciplinary
action. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize hotel revenue.
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in
accordance with established procedures including but not limited to
posting all changes, completing cashier or other reports, preparing
deposit and counting/securing assigned bank.
- Routinely check in/check-out guests, answer phones, take
reservations and assist staff with job functions. May be
responsible for issuing safe-deposit boxes to guest and ensuring
the security of keys.
- Promote hotel services, facilities and outlets; provide guests
with information such as local attractions and direction to
increase guest satisfaction.
- Complete opening and closing shift duties, and communicate any
outstanding guests requests or issues to management that may
require additional monitoring or follow-up.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Make appropriate
service recovery gestures in accordance with established
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily
communication and coordination with other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned which may include guest room
tours, concierge services, special guest requests, etc.
High School diploma or equivalent, plus one year front office/guest
relations experience including some supervisory
training/experience. Some college preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Handling objects, products and computer equipment
- Use a keyboard to operate various property management and
reservations systems, etc.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time
when interacting with guests and employees
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often
- Basic math skills are used frequently
- Problems solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities
are often used.
- May be required to work nights, weekends and/or holidays
Full Benefit Package Including: Medical, Dental, Life, Short-Term
Disability, Vision, Vacation, Paid Personal Days, Employee Meal
Program, Flexible Scheduling, and 401K.
Keywords: RLH Corporation, Appleton , Front Desk Lead, Other , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!