Associate Counsel - Insurance Services
Location: Stevens Point
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Provides legal advice and counsel to management, including
direct interaction with senior executives, in areas of legal
specialization and in general legal matters to assist in addressing
a wide range of legal and business issues. Represents the Company,
or selects and supervises outside counsel in the representation of
the Company, in contested matters arising in courts, in
administrative agencies and before regulatory bodies across the
U.S. and in other countries in which the Company has interests.What
You'll DoAs an Associate Counsel on the Legal Department s
Insurance Services team, you ll provide legal advice regarding the
company s insurance operations, products and services and the
company s ongoing relationships with customers, agents, insurance
regulators, and service providers.You will:
- Serve as a trusted legal adviser to senior leadership and
- Advise internal business leaders regarding applicable insurance
laws, regulations, industry standards and best practices, and where
appropriate, suggest alternative solutions that mitigate legal and
- Conduct legal research and provide advice to internal business
leaders regarding new or changing laws and regulations.
- Work with the company s marketing and compliance departments
and provide advice regarding insurance laws and regulations
applicable to advertising and website content.
- Work closely with the company s Special Investigations Unit and
advise on insurance laws and regulations related to fraud and fraud
- Confer with legal department leadership on issues relating to
potential regulatory actions against the company.
- Attend insurance industry meetings to stay abreast of
legislative and regulatory changes.Additionally, you ll:
- Provide reports and communications to senior leadership and the
compliance team regarding top concerns, areas of risk, regulatory
changes and organizational impacts
- Monitor, interpret and handle communications about new state
laws, regulations, case law and emerging trends, identifying and
counseling internal colleagues about relevant and emerging
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned from time to
timeWhat it Takes
- Strong academic background and a Juris Doctor degree from a law
school accredited by the American Bar Association is required.
- Minimum 5 years related work experience.
- Substantial property and casualty insurance experience,
including knowledge of state laws and regulations applicable to
insurance, and prior experience advising senior managers and
business unit leaders.
- Management, communication and human relations skills.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Familiarity with insurance company structure and business
functions.What You ll ReceiveAt Sentry, your total rewards go
beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks
that you ll receive.
- Sentry is happy to offer flexibility through a scheduled Hybrid
work model. Monday and Friday work from home if you choose to,
Tuesday through Thursday in office.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight
percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry
University (SentryU).About SentryWe take great pride in making
Forbes list of America s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot
of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute
to your job satisfaction.Our bright future is built on a long track
record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping
businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of
the trust placed in us, we re one of the largest and financially
strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We re
rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.Our
headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with offices located
throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information
technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work
environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development
and growth.Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities
await!Talent Acquisition SpecialistKasha
Dombrowski...@Sentry.comEqual Employment OpportunitySentry is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy that there be no
discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin,
religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual
orientation. Associated topics: adjuster, automobile, claim, claim
examiner, insurance adjuster, insurance examiner, insurance
investigator, investigate, investigation, liability
Keywords: Sentry, Appleton , Associate Counsel - Insurance Services, Legal , Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!