Technical Advisor II
Company: Voith Paper
Posted on: October 11, 2019
About the Voith Group
The Voith Group is a global technology company. With its broad
portfolio of systems, products, services and digital applications,
the Voith Group sets standards in the markets of energy, oil & gas,
paper, raw materials and transport & automotive. Founded in 1867,
the company today has more than 19,000 employees, sales of 4.2
billion and locations in over 60 countries worldwide and is thus
one of the largest family-owned companies in Europe.
For the Voith Paper, Technical Support Quoting FES, PM, AUT
department, we are looking for:
Technical Advisor II
Summary The Technical Sales Support (TSS) person is a member of the
Technical Sales Support department, working under the direction of
the TSS Manager. The TSS group is responsible for supporting the
Paper Machine/Fiber Systems Spare Parts Sales (CSS) Department. The
TSS responsibilities include reviewing requests from customers
through the CSS (Customer Service Specialist) group for spare parts
quotations and/or orders for paper machine or fiber systems
sections, identifying the proper documentation, creating a current
cost and delivery to procure or manufacture the parts, and create a
current part in SAP or work with the Material Master Group to have
the SAP numbers created.
* Identify spare parts for customer requests using Voith s
documentation and legacy databases.
* Determine the best source for purchased and manufactured parts
using local and international suppliers as well as VPAW
* Estimate spare part costs to achieve quick quote turnaround.
* Reading and interpreting manufacturing drawings and bills of
* Search SAP and AS400 for spare parts history
* Provide verbal and written technical support for customers,
vendors, and Voith manufacturing and quality control
* Provide technical support for the Supply Chain (Purchasing)
* Create SAP part numbers, and create bills of materials for
assemblies and weldments.
* Create marked up drawings for customers to assist with proper
identification of requested parts.
* Identify domestic equivelents for foreign materials
* Clarify drawing translations and confirm approval drawing
* Procure drawings to assist service department on occasion.
* Travel to customer locations on an extremely limited basis to
provide technical support or clarify parts request.
* Proven written and verbal communication skills for internal and
* Competency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and
* Proficiency in general machinery or heavy equipment layouts
* Ability to learn and utilize SAP and AS400 BPCS systems and other
legacy documentation programs.
* Organizational skills and ability to work toward deadlines
* Basic understanding of paper mill processes and equipment
* Ability to operate independent of daily direction.
Physical Demands -
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by the individual to successfully perform the
essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
LESS THAN 3 HOURS/DAY
3 -6 HOURS/DAY
Use hands to finger, handle, & feel
Reach with hands & arms
Stoop, kneel, crouch
Talk or hear
Look at a computer screen
Lift up to 10 lbs
Lift up to 25 lbs
Lift up to 50 lbs
Lift up to 100 lbs
* This job description is not all encompassing, however, is
intended to be a general description of the responsibilities of
Voith Paper is an EEO/AA/VEVRAA compliant Federal Contractor and
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by
federal, state, or local law.
Voith Paper Fabric & Roll Systems is an EEO/AA/VEVRAA compliant
Federal Contractor and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or any
other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Voith Paper, Appleton , Technical Advisor II, IT / Software / Systems , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!