System Administrator, Linux
Company: Navitus Health Solutions, LLC
Posted on: April 16, 2019
Job Summary:The Linux Systems Administrator ensures efforts are in
alignment with IT Enterprise Services to support customer-focused
objectives and the IT Vision, a collaborative partner delivering
innovative ideas, solutions and services to simplify people's
lives. This role is responsible for complete administration,
support, trouble-shooting and implementation of Linux operating
systems and applications. This role is recognized as having
extremely high levels of technical aptitude, mentoring, and
leadership qualities. In addition to administering multiple
systems, this role will lead the planning, coordination, and
architecture of all activities related to the implementation of new
and existing Linux enterprise systems and third-party solutions, as
required, to meet the business. This role ensures high levels of
availability for production and developmental business
applications. This role will function as a technical lead for all
Linux projects.Job Requirements:Operational Management
- Ensure efforts delight the customer.
- Provide superior customer service utilizing a high-touch,
customer centric approach focused on collaboration and
- Contribute to a positive team atmosphere.
- Innovate and create value for the customer.
- Provide mentoring to the team for technical challenges.
- Develop and implement maintenance routines and system audits to
ensure system integrity.
- Provide responsive technical assistance and document
configuration and support processes.
- Work with Infrastructure, development teams, DBAs and business
teams to ensure optimal operations and uptime of application
environments to set and meet service level agreements.
- Develop/Support change control and testing processes.
- Analyze systems for overall performance and give
recommendations on improvements.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform improvements, patches and
- Develop, document and maintain application development and
- Develop, document and maintain policies, procedures and
associated training plans for system administration and appropriate
- Provide backup administrational support to other teammates and
the platforms for which they are responsible.
- Recognized as a system expert in multiple core enterprise
systems and be able to effectively provide knowledge training to
- Provide after-hours support.
- Other duties as assigned.Acquisition & Deployment
- Facilitate business needs to manage development
- Lead the design, planning, implementation and coordination for
all activities needed for the successful integration of new Linux
solutions.Strategy & Planning
- Participate in and support capacity planning and the
development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software
in conjunction with end-users, third party vendors and department
- Develop strong working relationship with Third Party
- Lead the planning of upgrades/releases of Linux operating
systems and software to limit user impact.
- Research and recommend innovative, automated approaches for
system administration tasks and integration with other enterprise
level business applications.
- Researches emerging technologies, products, products,
languages, and standards in support of procurement and development
efforts.Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
- Associates college diploma or university degree in the field of
computer science and 5+ years applied work experience.
- Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA), Red Hat
Certified Engineer (RHCE) preferred.Experience:
- Expert technical knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and
- Expert scripting ability in bash or python.
- Experience with Red Hat Satellite.
- Experience with Puppet or other configuration management
- Experience with Windows Server and Active Directory
- Experience with VM Ware virtualization
- Solid understanding of network protocols and services.
- Extensive hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting
- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and
- Experience with data management and structure concepts
- Knowledge of Splunk administration and utilization is a
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws;
including SAS70, HIPPA, and URAC.
- Healthcare industry practices and HIPAA knowledge would be a
Keywords: Navitus Health Solutions, LLC, Appleton , System Administrator, Linux, IT / Software / Systems , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!