Telecom Technical Analyst
Company: Ascension Technologies
Posted on: September 9, 2018
Job ID: 268051 Telecom Technical Analyst Appleton, Wisconsin Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title:--Telecom Technical Analyst City, State:-- Appleton, WI Location:-- WIAPP 1506 S Oneida St Department:---- Ops Field Services Additional Job Details:----FT Days About Us Ascension Technologies is one of the nation---s largest healthcare information technology services organizations.
We provide Ascension and its subsidiaries low-cost, high-value IT infrastructure and software application services that:
-----Support rapid and effective clinical decision making
-----Improve efficiency and care transitions
-----Foster information sharing across the continuum of care
-----Make knowledge and data actionable, leading to improved---- patient outcomes Job Description Job Summary: The Technical Engineering Analyst provides technical expertise in one or more information technology disciplines to support the organization's technical infrastructure. Ascension Technologies is seeking a Telecom Technician who will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of the voice telecommunications system infrastructure and associated peripherals. Familiarity with administration of a wide range of systems including [ Avaya, Nortel], VoIP, IP Telephony in a health care setting is highly desired. The Telecom Technician has demonstrated technical expertise, articulate documentation, a record of successful projects and satisfied clients, an ability to understand and articulate customer needs, and a history of taking initiative. The position is based in Appleton, WI and requires a reliable personal vehicle for occasional travel between facilities. Mileage is reimbursed at the established corporate rates. Responsibilities:
- Responds to user problems by listening, clarifying, and responding effectively. Troubleshoots most application problems independently.
- Possesses and applies working knowledge of at least one technology environment to address and resolve problems.
- Analyzes a chain of events and applies technical knowledge following established procedures and/or detailed specifications.
- Writes fundamental documentation in a clear, concise manner and according to standards. Shares knowledge effectively within the work team. Additional Responsibilities: The Telecom Technician will:
Install, move, and modify telecommunications and related equipment according to job order specifications, standards, and procedures. Update pertinent local phone directory databases as IMACs occur. Update cabling databases, wiring diagrams as needed. Diagnose equipment malfunctions. Maintain and repair telecommunications systems and equipment according to manufacturer recommendations and specifications. Implement approved system/device changes in accordance with applicable procedures. Test and evaluate systems/devices to eliminate problems and make improvements. Assist other groups in troubleshooting problems that require technical analysis or performance review. Create and publish and maintain up to date and accurate telecom documentation and diagrams. Establish time and cost estimates. Maintains accurate records of hours worked and any equipment or materials used. Report and monitor service order changes. Perform on-site inventories. Verify resulting inventory records and report to management as required. Oversee on-site work in areas of system design, inventory and end-user training. Perform additional functions incidental to technician activities. Qualifications Education:
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience. Work Experience:
- Two--years of experience preferred. Preferred Qualifications:
Associate or Bachelor---s Degree in computer/information sciences, mathematics, business/MIS or related field preferred, or equivalent relative experience Experience with one or more telecom system platforms Experience and general knowledge of networks / TCP/IP Experience and understanding of general telecom system architecture Desired Work Experience
- Minimum of three years relevant telecommunications experience required
- Experience in large enterprise telecom environments
- Can screen complex, technical or specialized literature for referral.
- Writes simple internal memoranda, fills out complex forms.
- Experience within or across telecom vendor technologies with a deep knowledge in one or more vendor technologies (e.g. Cisco, Avaya/Nortel, Siemens, etc.)
- Must have demonstrated technical leadership, a record of successful projects and satisfied clients
- Ability to take on-call duties and local travel to other Ascension facilities in the [Indiana ministry] region. Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Technologies--is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information. -- -- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement E-Verify Statement Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension Technologies, Appleton , Telecom Technical Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!