Shift Supervisor - Filtration Operations
Posted on: December 4, 2018
Neenah is growing and actively searching for a Shift Supervisor to provide process, quality, and continuous improvement support for our Filtration manufacturing activities across the shifts at our Appleton Mill. Ideal candidates have the attitude, initiative and excellent interpersonal skills to support Neenah's collaborative, high-achievement culture.
Neenah offers an attractive benefit package to all full-time employees which includes incentive pay, 401(k), medical, dental, vision, and group life.
- Support and enforce mill safety rules/practices and act as a positive role model for employees.
- Ensure consistent product quality that exceeds customer expectations for value.
- Support Asset Leaders by providing technical expertise to modify existing mill process and/or add new processes that will improve quality and increase profitability.
- Provide direct shift supervision to hourly crews, including the assignment and direction of work, administration of training, expectation setting, and rule enforcement.
- Effectively communicate day-to-day information on critical and routine issues affecting productivity, quality, safety, personnel, and maintenance to shift successor, along with operations management, as needed.
- Exercise participative leadership that motivates employees to achieve department production/cost requirements.
- Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
- Drive hourly employee development to maximize individual and collective talent levels.
- Accountable for training that will provide qualified, trained and motivated employees.
- Direct and audit effective programs for good housekeeping throughout the mill to ensure a professional atmosphere.
- Administer mill policies and the Labor Agreement properly and consistently.
- Maintain labor relationship through cooperation and team supportive efforts
- Drive toward achieving an injury-free workplace
- Create a culture that promotes injury reporting and open dialog on safety behaviors.
- Support key initiatives that focus on regulatory compliance and elimination of loss potential.
- Lead by example and participate in the development and implementation of safety programs, activities, and initiatives.
- Set high expectations for crew participation in safety initiatives.
- Hold crew accountable for safety related behaviors and results.
- Support facility Process Safety Management program and safety management system.
Support mill and company environmental objectives and agenda
Manage raw materials, processes and behaviors to ensure compliance with all company policies and regulations, including EMS and CEPS.
Meet internal and external customer expectations for product quality and service.
- Develop and implement processes that will ensure consistent quality and delivery.
- Communicate quality and service expectations and provide feedback on results.
- 3-5 years of industrial experience in one or several areas including Quality Assurance, Filtration Operations, Process Engineering, Continuous Improvement, or R&D
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement methods (Six Sigma, Lean, Process Mapping, etc.) a distinct plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- Aptitude to develop technical expertise and the ability to efficiently and accurately process a high volume of detailed workload
- Excellent computer skills (including Excel and Word)
- Willingness to embody the Neenah culture of collaboration, challenge and support
Keywords: Neenah, Appleton , Shift Supervisor - Filtration Operations, Hospitality & Tourism , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!