Repair Shop Assistant - Part Time
Company: Airgas Inc.
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Navigate your career @ AirgasEnrich your experience with a new
step in your professional journey! Airgas encourages internal
mobility. Developing yourself into new roles within our
organization is key to our Talent Management strategy. We believe
in you and the value you bring to our company.Position Title:
Repair Shop Assistant - Part Time
- Appleton, WI
- Monday-Friday, Flexible Schedule!How will you CONTRIBUTE and
GROW?The Repair Shop Assistant is responsible for assisting Welding
Repair Technicians, and completing repair work that does not
require or utilize high voltages or amperages. Machine cleaning,
cover removal, gun repair, shipping and receiving of equipment are
examples of the tasks required of this associate.Airgas provides
full training for all duties and responsibilities!In particular,
- Maintains company provided diagnostic equipment, tools and
other equipment in clean, good working condition and within
manufacturer's recommendations. Properly locks and secures the
equipment at the end of each day.
- Performs basic mechanical repairs of equipment.
- Completes all service orders in a neat and timely fashion and
obtains customer's signature on the order at time of customer
- Validates delivery of materials and provides a physical
- Maintains inventory of parts in the Airgas facility.
- Communicates routinely with manager on the job status, daily
activities and condition of equipment.
- Communicates by phone and in person with vendors, customers,
sales staff, store managers and others, providing information on
repair times, ordering of parts and supplies, etc.
- Maintains database of and schedule of all calibration and PM's
on Airgas and Airgas's customer equipment.
- Safely operates a forklift, pallet jack, or other
warehouse/material handling equipment.
- Follows appropriate Company policies and procedures (SOPs) as
they relate to equipment, safety, etc.
- Performs general site housekeeping duties as required.
- Other duties as assigned.QualificationsAre you a MATCH?
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- Experience with Google Suite or Microsoft Office (Word,
- Must have general mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to plan a logical approach to troubleshooting and
- Demonstrated knowledge of addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division in all units of measure using whole
numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratios,
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter; self-motivated; operates with a sense of urgency;
ability to work independently and under pressure to meet
- Detail oriented with the ability to complete handwritten
compliance documentation neatly and accurately.
- Demonstrated dedication to product quality and customer
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Regularly required to move up to 60 pounds and transport up to
800 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.About
AirgasAirgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading U.S. supplier of
industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and
related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety
products.Through the passion and diversity of its 18,000
associates, Airgas fosters a culture of safety, customer success,
sustainability and innovation. Airgas associates are empowered to
share ideas, take initiative and make decisions.Airgas is a
subsidiary of Air Liquide, a world leader in gases, technologies
and services for Industry and Health. Air Liquide is present in 78
countries with approximately 64,500 associates globally.Join us for
a stimulating experience: you'll find a world of learning and
development opportunities where inventiveness is at the heart of
what we do, in an open, collaborative and respectful
environment.Your differences enhance our performanceAt Airgas, we
are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace that
embraces the diversity of our employees, our customers, patients,
community stakeholders and cultures across the world.We welcome and
consider applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of
their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability or any
other protected characteristic. We strongly believe a diverse
organization opens up opportunities for people to express their
talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our
ability to innovate by living our fundamentals, acting for our
success and creating an engaging environment in a changing
world.EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Keywords: Airgas Inc., Appleton , Repair Shop Assistant - Part Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!