Manager, Pharmacy Operations CAH & 340B Officer
Posted on: November 9, 2019
The Critical Access Hospital (CAH) Pharmacy Operations Manager and
340B Officer oversees all aspects of CAH pharmacy operations
including clinical and distributive services, patient-centered
clinic based pharmacy services, and specialty outpatient pharmacy
services as well as having oversight over the 340B program. This
individual manages the integration of clinical pharmacy services,
drug utilization programs, and pharmacy operations throughout the
CAH facilities. This individual will coach the pharmacy teams by
facilitating standardization of integrated operational services,
pharmacist interventions, and medication therapy management to
patients with a broad range of disease states. This individual will
develop departmental initiatives that focus on team member
engagement, process improvement, patient satisfaction, and
workplace safety. They are also responsible for administering the
340B program to fully implement and optimize appropriate savings
and ensure current policy statements and procedures are in place to
maintain program compliance within the CAH facilities. Experience
with 340B is an asset with additional support for 340B learning
opportunities such as 340B University educational sessions.
- Effectively manages team members. Ensures the recruitment and
retention of competent team members to meet the needs of the
- Manages pharmacy practice programs, and directs patient care
services and medication system to provide reliable, comprehensive,
and individualized drug therapy that is aligned with patient needs,
evidence-based best practices, regulatory standards, and budgetary
- Collaborates with healthcare providers and pharmacy team
members to place priority on the delivery of patient-centered care,
and provide accurate, safe, timely, and appropriate medication
therapy based on patient needs.
- Participates in surveillance of charging system as a member of
a multidisciplinary team to ensure charge system integrity and
- Ensures appropriate drug utilization across ThedaCare with the
goal of lowering drug care costs and inclusion of processes such as
prior authorizations, exceptions, and other applicable pharmacy
- Maintains quality assurance standards and quality techniques
for the performance of pharmacy services and general department
- Designs and implements new pharmacy programs, quality
improvement changes, continuous quality assurance initiatives, and
medication stewardship programs to advance ThedaCare’s
medication-use systems and promote optimal patient outcomes.
- Is responsible for 340B compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of the policy changes that impact the 340B
program that include HRSA/OPA rules and Medicaid changes.
- Updates pharmacy team members and CE administration regarding
- Drafts, reviews, updates, and modifies policies and procedures
related to the 340B program.
- Selects, manages, and monitors outside vendors engaged to
assist with 340B program compliance and split billing.
- Ensures compliance with 340B program requirements of qualified
patients, drugs, providers, vendors, payors, and locations.
- Reviews and refines 340B cost savings report detailing
purchasing and replacement practices, as well as dispensing
- Monitors ordering processer, integrating most current pricing
from wholesaler, and analyzes invoices, shipping, and inventory
processer for the 340B program.
- Is responsible for conducting audits on 340B compliance issues
and reporting to director of pharmacy. Note: This position covers
responsibility for our critical access hospitals in Waupaca, New
London, Shawano, Berlin and Wild Rose, however the candidate could
choose to be primarily based in any one of those locations as well
as the option of Appleton or Neenah.
Keywords: ThedaCare, Appleton , Manager, Pharmacy Operations CAH & 340B Officer, Healthcare , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!