Medical Technologist - Lead Transfusion Medicine - Appleton
Posted on: January 12, 2019
We Are Hiring Medical Technologist - Lead Transfusion Medicine - MHC East - General Lab Anc 001 - Full-Time, Day - SEH St Elizabeth Hos Oneida - Appleton,WIWhy Join Ascension? In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care - including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities - in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.What You Will Do As an Associate with Ministry Health Care, you will have the opportunity toLeads the daily activities of the assigned laboratory section/staff.Responsibilities:
- Oversees the direction and operation of the clinical laboratory.
- Assigns and schedules work for assigned shifts. Prepares daily and weekly time and attendance reports. Problem solves and provides technical assistance to staff.
- Performs various clinical laboratory tests, analyzes and interprets test results, and ensures accuracy of same.
- Conducts and attends regular department meetings.
- Ensures associates reporting to position meet competency standards.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations on the purchase of new equipment and/or products. What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Certified Clinical Laboratory Technologist credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Acceptable Technologist certifications credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC): Blood Banking (BB-ASCP), Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS-ASCP), Microbiology (M-ASCP), Molecular Biology (MB-ASCP)
- Certified Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Acceptable Specialist certifications credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC): Blood Banking (SBB-ASCP), Microbiology (SM-ASCP).Education:
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology or related field required Work Experience:
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical experience in the field of the primary work required. Minimum four (4) years of clinical experience required if acting as technical supervisor for lab section.Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:M/F/Disabled/VetEEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: Ascension, Appleton , Medical Technologist - Lead Transfusion Medicine - Appleton, Healthcare , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!