Medical Technologist (MT)
Posted on: December 8, 2018
We Are Hiring Medical TechnologistRichmond Street Lab, Appleton WIPart Time Rotating Shifts - 20 Hours Weekly - Hours will vary Monday - Friday 7AM - 7PM and rotating Saturday and Sunday 730AM -12PM shifts.Why Join Employer? In Wisconsin, Employer operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Employer provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Employer is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Employer is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.What You Will Do As an Associate with Employer's Richmond Street Lab, you will have the opportunity to perform laboratory testing of patient specimens in one or more sections of the laboratory.You will:
- Performs diagnostic/analytic testing of specimens. Interprets, documents and reports test results.
- Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
- Serves as a resource to staff as needed.
- Draws and/or collects lab specimens.
- Participates in the evaluation of new techniques and procedures in the laboratory.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Certification from American Medical Technologists (AMT) is also acceptable.
- Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Certification from American Medical Technologists (AMT) is also acceptable.Education:
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology or related field requiredWork Experience:
- No experience required.Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfM/F/Disabled/VetEEO is the Law Poster Supplementhttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf
Keywords: Ascension, Appleton , Medical Technologist (MT), Healthcare , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!