CMA or LPN- Heart Lung Pulmonology
Company: Ministry Health Care, WI
Posted on: December 8, 2018
Job ID: 261467
CMA or LPN- Heart Lung Pulmonology
Additional Job Information Title:--Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
City, State:-- Appleton, WI
Location:-- SEH St Elizabeth Hospital Oneida
Department:---- Heart Lung Pulmonology
Additional Job Details:----Part-Time Days,--32 hours Weekly
About Us In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care - including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities - in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
Job Description Job Summary:
The Medical Assistant assists with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
- Assists with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- Draws and/or collects lab specimens.
- Prepares specimens for testing/analysis or shipment to external laboratories.
- Presents medication to patient and observes ingestion or administers medication using specified procedures.
- Certified--BLS Provider--credentialed from the--American Heart Association (AHA)--obtained within--6 Months (180 days)--of hire date or job transfer date.--
- One or more of the following:
- Registered--Medical Assistant--credentialed from the--American Registry of Medical Assistants--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- Certified--Medical Assistant--credentialed from the--National Healthcare Association--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- Registered--Medical Assistant--credentialed from the--American Medical Technologists (AMT)--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- Certified--Medical Assistant--credentialed from the--American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- Certification specializing Occupational Hearing Conservation credentialed from the Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation (CAOHC). Certification may be required at some locations.
- HS or Equivalent--
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program preferred
- No experience required.
How To Apply
We urge you to apply to any/all positions that you have interest in, and should you fit the qualifications for the role we will certainly reach out to you. Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well additional information that is requested of you. Information that you offer us will better assist us in understating your qualification and fit for the position(s) you've applied.
Also to note, our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac Computers) or non-internet Explorer browsers.
Please note that Ascension, and its affiliates and subsidiaries, will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.--
Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: Ministry Health Care, WI, Appleton , CMA or LPN- Heart Lung Pulmonology, Healthcare , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!