RN Registered Nurse - Operating Room (OR)
Posted on: December 4, 2018
We Are Hiring Title: RN-Operating RoomCity, State: Appleton,WILocation: SEH St Elizabeth Hos OneidaDepartment: Surgery 001Additional Job Details: Part-Time, Weekends, 20 Hours Weekly, Weekend Option PositionSchedule:
- The position will be scheduled to work in the department the 1st Sunday of the pay period from 6:30 AM - 11 PM and on-call 11 PM - 6:30 AM. The position will also work the following Saturday from 6:30 AM - 11 PM and on-call 11 PM - 6:30 AM. There will be one scheduled shift during the week each pay period. * Sign-on Bonus Eligible*Why Join Ascension? In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care - including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities - in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.What You Will Do Job Summary: Delivers professional nursing care in the operative setting to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures. Responsibilities:
- Advocate for your patient in a 1:1 nurse to patient ratio as a Circulating Nurse in the Operating Room.
- Prepare the Operating Room with appropriate equipment and supplies for each procedure.
- Initiate and implement a nursing plan of care individualized to the needs of each patient and provide patient status updates to families during procedures.
- Communicate and support the needs of physicians and other members of the health care team in the operating room.
- Complete the AORN PeriOp 101 online educational program to ensure you have the knowledge, skills, and in department experiences as you develop your skills as a Circulating Nurse. Qualifications Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Advanced Life Support obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required Work Experience:
- None required. Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:M/F/Disabled/VetEEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: Ascension, Appleton , RN Registered Nurse - Operating Room (OR), Healthcare , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!