Registered Nurse (RN) - PACU
Company: Ascension, WI
Posted on: November 9, 2018
Job ID: 277926
Registered Nurse (RN) - PACU
Additional Job Information Title:--RN-Surgery MrktS
City, State:-- Appleton,WI
Location:-- SEH St Elizabeth Hos Oneida
Department:---- Surgery Recovery Room 001
Additional Job Details:----Full-Time, Evening,--36 Hours Weekly, Schedule: 11 AM - 9:30 PM, On-Call: 1-2 Weeknights/Month & 1 Weekend every 13th Weekend
About Us In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care - including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities - in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
Job Description Job Summary:
The RN delivers professional nursing care in the operative setting to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures.
- Performs scrub functions including the selection and handling of instruments and supplies used during procedure.
- Performs circulating functions including monitoring, recording and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Directly assists operating physician with surgical tasks including hemostasis, suturing and wound exposure as well as patient positioning.
- Prepares operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment for use.
- Provides education and resources to patient and/or patient's family based on clinical implications.
- Certified--BLS Provider--credentialed from the--American Heart Association (AHA)--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- Licensed--Registered Nurse--credentialed from the--state of Wisconsin--or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State"--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- Certified--Advanced Life Support--specializing in--Advanced Cardio Life Support--credentialed from the--American Heart Association (AHA).--
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing required
- Minimum two (2) years of clinical experience in the field of the primary work required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: Ascension, WI, Appleton , Registered Nurse (RN) - PACU, Healthcare , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!