Pharmacy Technician II
Company: Ascension, WI
Posted on: October 11, 2018
Job ID: 230176 Pharmacy Technician II Appleton, Wisconsin Regular / Rotating Additional Job Information Title: Pharmacy Technician II City, State: Appleton,WI Location: SEH St Elizabeth Hospital Department: Pharmacy Services General 001 Additional Job Details: Part-Time Rotating, 20 Hours Weekly About Us In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care - including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities - in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin. Job Description Job Summary: Provides distributive pharmacy services and technical support for the pharmacist. Responsibilities:
- Refills and maintains automated dispensing systems.
- Prepares orders and maintains inventory for the pharmacy department.
- Repackages bulk medications.
- Receives and stores incoming supplies.
- Prepares sterile medications for pharmacist review and dispensing using aseptic techniques.
- Refills and maintains, medication carts, drug trays, kits, and other modes of medication delivery.
- Assists in processing charges for medications.
- May collect patient medication history upon admission and update electronic health record (EHR) to accurately reflect any changes.
- Participates in the training and/or orientation of new associates.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB). Education:
- HS or Equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Completion of Pharmacy Technician program preferred. Work Experience:
- No experience required; experience in the specific job field preferred. How To Apply We urge you to apply to any/all positions that you have interest in, and should you fit the qualifications for the role we will certainly reach out to you. Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well additional information that is requested of you. Information that you offer us will better assist us in understating your qualification and fit for the position(s) you've applied. Also to note, our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac Computers) or non-internet Explorer browsers. Please note that Ascension, and its affiliates and subsidiaries, will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension, WI, Appleton , Pharmacy Technician II, Healthcare , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!