Speech Language Pathologist / SLP Home Health
Company: Ascension at Home - Together with Compassus
Location: Little Chute
Posted on: September 15, 2023
The Home Health Speech Language Pathologist - PPV is responsible
for modeling the 3 Company values of Compassion, Integrity, and
Excellence, and for promoting the Compassus philosophy, using the 6
Pillars of success as the foundation. S/he is responsible for
upholding the Code of Ethical Conduct and for promoting positive
working relationships within the company, among all departments,
and all external stakeholders. The Home Health Speech Language
Pathologist - PPV is responsible for providing service to clients
who have speech and language complications. The Home Therapy
Program is provided under the direction of the attending physician
by the Speech Language Pathologist with participation by the
family, nurse or other responsible person, as necessary.
Position Specific Responsibilities
- Participates in the development of speech therapy plans of care
for patients whose direct care needs have been determined after
consultation with referring physician.
- Makes visits to the patients for assessment and evaluation and
communicates with the physician before start of care and as needed
and completes appropriate OASIS assessments.
- Provides education and instruction to team members, patients &
- Documents care and submits paperwork in an accurate and timely
manner to update and maintain the medical records.
- May participate in agency quality improvement programs.
- Ensures the growth and profitability of the company through the
responsible use of company resources and educating the community to
- Accepts the policies & procedures of the agency and the rules
and regulations of State and Federal regulatory agencies and other
certified agencies in providing care.
- Willingly accepts direction from Director of Clinical
- Meets or exceeds established productivity standards.
- Confers as needed with attending physician or other agency
personnel regarding patient's condition and records information
timely in patient's EMR.
- Provides speech/language pathology services in accordance with
the interdisciplinary plan of care, recommending mechanisms which
focus on alternative methods of communication, speech and
- Participates in regularly scheduled interdisciplinary team
meetings to coordinate the care of the patients and family,
exchange information and problem solve & receive staff support and
- Participates in agency quality improvement programs when
- Accepts assignments when deemed appropriate.
- Evaluates outcomes of treatment plan and plans discharge as
- Supervises home health aide as appropriate.
- Ensures that all care is provided with respect for patient
- Reports all grievances and complaints made by patients or
families to the appropriate persons.
- Reports all allegations of patient abuse and/or
misappropriation of patient property.
- Follows standard precautions and infection control
- Reports all accidents and incidents observed.
- Identifies and responds appropriately to emergency
- Observes safety needs of the patients.
- Educates staff in psychosocial aspects, as needed.
- Attends in-services and meetings as required.
- Collaborates with service provider furnishing contract services
to the patient as needed.
- Participates in developing and updating policies and procedures
- Maintains confidentiality of necessary information.
- Thinks and acts calmly and logically to meet unusual
occurrences of the job.
- Maintains proper documentation for billing.
- Manages time efficiently and effectively.
- Interfaces with patients, families, and staff to ensure
- Communicates effectively with patients, families, and other
health care providers.
- Maintains clinical competency by assuming responsibility for
acquiring knowledge and experience to meet learning needs.
- Creates positive image between co-workers.
- Provides role modeling to teamwork, accountability, and a
- Instills confidence in staff members and builds self-esteem
through acceptance and recognition of employees.
- Demonstrates and encourages appropriate problem solving
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Speech Language Pathology required.
- Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a home health setting
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and
divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret
general business periodicals, professional journals, technical
procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports,
business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to
effectively present information and respond to questions from
leaders, colleagues, investors, and external parties. Strong
written and verbal communications.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to understand, read, write,
and speak English. Articulates and embraces hospice philosophy.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
- Active and unencumbered Speech Language Pathologist license in
state(s) of employment required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by a
colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While
performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly
required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk and hear.
The colleague frequently is required to stand, sit, and reach with
hands and arms. The colleague is occasionally required to walk;
climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or
smell. The colleague must frequently lift and/or move more than 50
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision. The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. There will be possible
exposure to infectious diseases through working with clinical
caregivers. The noise level in the work environment is usually
At Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, diversity,
equity, and inclusion are fundamental to our Pillars of Success. We
are committed to creating a fair work environment where our
colleagues feel welcomed, highly valued, and respected. As an equal
opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
Estimated salary range $99699.60 - $112162.05/ year. Actual salary
will vary by geographic location and experience.
Keywords: Ascension at Home - Together with Compassus, Appleton , Speech Language Pathologist / SLP Home Health, Healthcare , Little Chute, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!