Environmental Health and Safety Generalist II
Company: Plexus Corp
Posted on: January 17, 2020
PURPOSE STATEMENT: A site-level position, providing direct support
to drive site EHS issues including regulatory and Environmental,
Health, and Safety Management System (EHS-MS) conformance.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Where assigned, act as the primary first point of EHS contact for
internal and external customers to ensure expectations are met.
* Conduct inspections, audits and training to help ensure (1)
Obtain subject matter knowledge needed to effectively lead and
maintain regulatory compliance. (2) Maintain, administer and ensure
conformance and awareness of the EHS-MS across all functional
* Maintain, administer and ensure conformance and awareness of the
EHS-MS across all functional groups.
* Disseminate with discretion, relevant EHS information received
from corporate EHS to the appropriate teams within the site(s).
* Obtain subject matter knowledge needed to effectively lead and
maintain regulatory compliance.
* Interfaces with and utilizes the Corporate EHS functional
management team for resources and expertise, while maintaining
local ownership of issues.
* Ensures the Site is proactive in identifying, maintaining and
complying with applicable county, federal, state and local
regulatory requirements (ER3/OR3).
* Understand and manage day-to-day compliance activities and
maintain records to demonstrate compliance.
* Coordinate waste (hazardous, solid, bio-hazardous, etc.) handling
* Ensure adequate controls are established within EHS-MS for
Site(s) activities that can potentially affect regulatory
* Maintain knowledge and understanding of Plexus' manufacturing
processes and identify opportunities for best EHS management
practices, with particular focus on sharing practices across the
region and global EHS team.
* Develop a workforce dedicated to zero waste to landfills and zero
injuries to employees. Identify opportunities for pollution
prevention and source reduction. Coordinate eco-compliance efforts
(RoHS, REACH, etc.).
* Identify and implement applicable training in concert with
* Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business
* Additional duties as assigned.
* A minimum of a Bachelor s degree is required; a science-related
degree is preferred.
* Three (3) year of related experience is required; Three (3) or
more years of related experience is preferred.
* A strong understanding of EHS regulations.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to
successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be
* The ability to conduct training.
* An understanding of the manufacturing process, excellent
organizational skills, strong communication skills.
* Ability to understand, interpret and apply complex
* Ability and willingness to work in a matrix team environment.
* Team building and leadership skills.
* Ability to manage multiple projects.
* Ability to facilitate and lead meetings.
* Computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, etc.)
and internet-based systems.
* General office equipment and materials.
* The work setting should consist of a manufacturing environment
with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a moderate
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is
not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent
could be asked to perform.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing
a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus
does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion,
national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse
backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake
sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas.
Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods
and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
Applicants for these positions may need to be U.S. persons. U.S.
persons are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful
permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted
asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees..
Keywords: Plexus Corp, Appleton , Environmental Health and Safety Generalist II, Healthcare , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!