Company: Ascension, D28
Posted on: January 16, 2020
We Are Hiring
Medical Physicist - Oncology Support Services - St. Elizabeth
Appleton and Mercy Hospital Oshkosh - Part Time - 20 Hours
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100
related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension
Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care
clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare
organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018,
Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community
benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to
transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As
one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the
U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate,
personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In
FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons
living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a medical physicist with St. Elizabeth Hospital, you will have
the opportunity to ensure the quality of care in the therapeutic
use of radiation-producing equipment. Our facility consists of two
locations and is equipped with 2 Varian Truebeam accelerators, a
Tomotherapy Hi-Art linear accelerator, Nucletron MicroSelectron HDR
brachytherapy, Varisource LDR brachytherapy, and 2 Toshiba Aquilion
CT simulators. Modalities include 3D, VMAT, SBRT, SRS, LDR and HDR
- Performs routine physics tasks such as quality assurance for
linear accelerators, CT-simulators, treatment planning systems, and
other ancillary radiation therapy equipment.
- Performs measurements or other evaluations as necessary to
ensure accurate dose delivery for all treatments.
- Performs routine patient treatment plan audits and ensures that
each treatment course is carried out accurately.
- Provide support and technical assistance in treatment planning
and treatment delivery as needed.
- Participates in special treatment procedures including
stereotactic radiosurgery, stereotactic body radiotherapy, HDR and
LDR brachytherapy, etc.
- Provides radiation safety recommendations to areas using
- Assists in staff continuing education on appropriate radiation
- Assist in the recommendation, justification, and implementation
of new Radiation Oncology equipment, products, and protocols.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned. What You Will
- Required Credential(s):
- Medical Physicist credentialed from the American Board of
Radiology obtained within 36 Months (3 years) of hire date or job
transfer date. Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required. Master's Level
Degree strongly preferred;
- Master's or doctoral degree in physics, medical physics,
biophysics, radiological physics, medical health physics, or
equivalent disciplines from an accredited college or university
- None required.
- Experience with Varian Truebeam, IMRT, VMAT, Eclipse and Aria
- Experience with HDR, SRS, SBRT, and 4DCT is strongly preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not
discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of
age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability,
arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: Ascension, D28, Appleton , Medical Physicist, Healthcare , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!