Care Management Supervisor - Case Management
Company: Ascension, WI
Posted on: September 8, 2018
Job ID: 253011 Care Management Supervisor - Case Management Appleton, Wisconsin Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title: Supervisor - Care Management City, State: Milwaukee,WI Location: St. Francis Hospital / Franklin Department: Case Management 001 Additional Job Details: Full - Time Day 40 hours Weekly About Us In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care - including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities - in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin. Job Description Job Summary: The Care Management Supervisor coordinates various activities supporting case management process. Responsibilities:
- Negotiates with payors concerning continued access to care, authorization, level of care and/or other arrangements to facilitate the patient's timely transition through the care continuum.
- Notifies attending physician, treatment team, and others as needed.
- Completes admission, continued stay and discharge authorization according to hospital policy and third party payer guidelines.
- Coordinates management of patient through various community resource options.
- Integrates information obtained from the patient's chart and from communications with various sources when discussing the level and intensity of care needed.
- Maintains documentation of patient's behavior, responses and preferences related to the discharge management process.
- Site supervisor of Care and Utilization Management.
- Manages Care Management staff related to workflow and outcomes.
- Maintains and improves relationships with hospital leaders, staff, providers and communities served including long term care partners.
- Leads and participates in activities to ensure successful development, implementation and monitoring of all strategic initiatives for Care Management.
- Effectively hire, orient and supervise Care Management staff.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the state of Wisconsin or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State".
- One of the following credentialed by the State of WI prior to hire or transfer date: Licensed SocialWorker (LSW), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Advance Practice Social Worker (APSW), orIndependent Social Worker (ISW). Education:
- Associate Degree
- Associate's Degree required Bachelor's Degree preferredIn lieu of a RN or Social Worker License, a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration and 5+ years of experience is required Work Experience:
- Minimum of three years of healthcare experience required.Three years of progressive healthcare leadership preferred. How To Apply We urge you to apply to any/all positions that you have interest in, and should you fit the qualifications for the role we will certainly reach out to you. Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well additional information that is requested of you. Information that you offer us will better assist us in understating your qualification and fit for the position(s) you've applied. Also to note, our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac Computers) or non-internet Explorer browsers. Please note that Ascension, and its affiliates and subsidiaries, will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension, WI, Appleton , Care Management Supervisor - Case Management, Executive , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!