Project Manager III - Service Operations
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Plans, monitors, and manages internal projects from initiation
through completion. Leads or coordinates project planning,
resourcing, staffing, supply and subcontract management, progress
reporting, troubleshooting, and people management. Ensures project
results meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability,
schedule, and cost. Monitors performance and recommends schedule
changes, cost adjustments, or resource additions. Requires in-depth
knowledge and experience. Solves complex problems and takes a new
perspective using existing solutions. Acts as a resource for
colleagues with less experience.
- Works on projects of diverse scope where analysis of data
requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good
judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining
solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in
own area of expertise.
- Manages projects through the application of comprehensive
project management concepts that include leading and coordinating
groups/resources, organizing and tracking tasks, mitigating risks,
engaging stakeholders, creating and monitoring deliverables, and
reporting on obstacles to ensure effective project outcomes.
- Maintains project documentation, including charter, plan, scope
statement, communication plan and deployment timeline.
- Researches, provides, formats, and analyzes data. Observes and
analyzes patterns, trends, and correlations to make recommendations
on company strategic issues and projects. Applies a wide
application of theoretical concepts, principles, and practices to
the analytical process.
- Controls and mitigates project risks by performing the
qualitative and quantitative analysis of risks and trigger events,
planning risk response, establishing contingency plans,
anticipating dependencies affected by ongoing project changes, and
recommending ways to mitigate future risks to management.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting on key metrics (i.e.
deliverables, financials, duration, benefits, readiness) and
communicating findings to stakeholders and leadership.
- Manages the alignment, buy-in, and support of diverse project
stakeholders by building and maintaining relationships with
internal partners, third party vendors, and leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree - Required
- Master's Degree - Preferred
- 6 years of experience in project management.
- Project Management and/or other relevant discipline (PMP, CAPM,
etc.) - Preferred
Keywords: Paychex, Appleton , Project Manager III - Service Operations, Executive , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!