Project Manager (Self-Perform) - AZCO (Nationwide)
Company: Burns & McDonnell
Posted on: November 14, 2022
DescriptionThe Project Manager will lead and motivate a team of
managers and workers in the day-to-day management of project
safety, quality, schedule, cost control, contracts, subcontractors,
suppliers, proposals, estimates, documentation turnover, client
relations/management, field staff and other duties required to
execute Engineer Procure Construct (EPC), Construction Management,
Construction, and Program Management projects. The Project Manager
oversees a project from inception to completion and may perform the
role of EPC Project Manager or Program Manager, as well as support
and provide guidance to others performing these roles as required
by the specific project. Responsible for overall project execution
and successful completion of projects on time and within
budget.Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the oversight of all direct hire construction
staffing for assigned project(s), which includes project labor and
supervision requirements to ensure positions are adequately
staffed. This includes effectively working with multiple crafts and
their business representatives prior to project kickoff and
throughout the duration of the project.
- Adhere to companys safety programs, training, and policies, as
well as promote and manage the Safety & Health performance of
project team members and subcontractors.
- Provides leadership and guidance in multiple facets of projects
including safety, quality, procurement, construction, environmental
compliance, project controls, and public/community relations.
- Develop new and manage existing client relationships while
interfacing with the client as needed for proposal and project
- May lead internal and external project risk reviews and consult
with the Legal Department as required.
- May lead review, negotiation, approval, and execution of prime
contracts, subcontracts, and change orders.
- May lead client facing proposal efforts as required.
- Maintain client relations.
- Develop risk register and communicate to clients.
- Prepare internal/external risk mitigation communication
- Implement the Project Execution Plan, including procurement and
construction execution, the quality assurance plan, safety & health
plan, subcontracting plan, project staffing plan, organization
chart, and procurement plan. Includes training of new project team
members on the PEP.
- May oversee the training of project teams, coordinate
activities of multiple global practices/disciplines, and facilitate
the efficient cost-effective utilization of staff while adhering to
contractual and performance requirements.
- Lead and oversee the project plan for site mobilization and
demobilization and support Site Manager with implementation.
- Analyze and communicate project status, risks, schedule and
costs to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead and oversee the downstream request for proposal (RFP) and
bid process and prepare detailed scope of work documents for
supplier and subcontractor contracts, including recruiting,
prequalifying, evaluating, recommending, and selecting
subcontractors, and suppliers. Train new project team members on
- Manage downstream contract administration including request for
information (RFIs), submittals, change management, contract
closeout, and claims mitigation.
- Analyze and approve internal and external reports including
project scheduling, budgeting, cash flow forecast, and project
- Present reports to internal and external executive management
- Manage Prime Contract, subcontractor, and supplier invoicing
- Manage and audit the project documentation and filing
- Perform project safety, quality, progress and financial audits
and assessments as required.
- Lead and present at project and corporate meetings and ensure
generation of meeting minutes.
- Create and oversee project non-conformance reporting
- Develop plan for and oversee project cost reporting,
scheduling, work breakdown structure establishment, project set-up
and closeout, and field progress tracking of project activities or
program level activities as required. Includes training of new
project team members as necessary.
- Support development of and oversee materials receiving and
management process, including inventory control, receiving of
goods, storage, and transportation.
- Work with superintendents and site manager to verify compliance
of subcontractors and client contractors with contract documents,
safety & health requirements, quality, and schedule.
- Manage and communicate financial aspects of projects to
executive management, client, and others as required.
- Develop the plan for, and direct the project turnover
documentation, warranty administration, project closeout, and
recordkeeping/retention processes and procedure.
- Develop plan for and manage communication with governmental,
industry, and public entities, and community relations on
- Understand and implement plan to satisfy project permit
requirements and regulations.
- Lead and participate in project planning, scheduling,
estimating, cost development, and establishing critical project
- Lead and coordinate directly with engineering to establish
development and distribution of engineering deliverables per
project schedule and requirements.
- Review daily construction field reports as necessary.
- Understand and facilitate program-based real estate and ROW
- Report all employee relations issues and consult with the
appropriate Human Resources Representative to resolve issues in a
compliant and consistent manner.
- Provide mentorship as well as formal and informal training of
interns, construction coordinators, and assistant construction
project managers, construction project managers, engineers, and
- Provide performance feedback for each project team member to
their respective Department Managers.
- Manage community and building trades relationships as
- Lead the development and implementation of project labor
agreements with building trades as required.
- Onboard craft/field supervision as required.
- Manage composite crew rates to determine labor and equipment
- Manage staffing on projects.
- Manage labor burdens including craft classifications, benefits
and labor laws.
- Maintain accurate craft classifications and craft progression
- Uphold craft competency and training standards.
- Estimate, forecast and manage craft install unit rates if
required by project.
- Manage earned value, schedule, change management and cost
- Mentor and foster craft training and identify advancement
- Manage construction equipment to ensure adequate inventory to
- May be assigned to a project site as required.
- All other duties as assigned.QualificationsTo perform the job
successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following
- Comprehension - ability to understand, remember, and apply oral
and/or written instructions or other information.
- Organization - ability to organize thoughts and ideas into
- Reasoning and Decision Making - ability to apply common sense
and previous experience in performing job.
- Communication - ability to understand and follow basic
instructions and guidelines, and be able to effectively communicate
verbally and in writing with clients, superiors, subordinates,
coworkers, general public, contractors, suppliers, and any other
individuals necessary to conduct business.
- Mathematics - perform basic arithmetic and accounting
- Leadership - must be able to take ownership and accountability
for tasks and actions assigned, as well as maintain creativity
where applicable in identifying solutions.
- Other - ability to adapt, analyze, assess, calculate, make
decisions, dependable, exercise good judgment, organize,
prioritize, read, memorize, social skills, stress control and solve
problems.Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Construction, Construction Management,
Engineering, Program Management, or a related field.
- Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree
- A minimum of 15 years relevant project manager experience in
the construction industry.
- Achieve Level 14 billing level.
- Capable of executing projects and achieving company
certification as an EPC Project Manager and/or Program
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
(Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access).
- Strong experience with document control, scheduling, cost
control and project management software is preferred.Travel
- Travel may be required as necessary to support the execution of
projects, training, and other corporate requirements. Travel may
extend over weekends and holidays. High probability of extended
periods of travel may be required to support project execution for
duration of project/program. Frequency of travel will vary based on
the different project needs. Travel on short notice may be
- The base work schedule will be a minimum of a five (5) day work
week. Periodic weekend work and extended work days may be required.
Business travel after regular work hours will be required. Night
shift work may be required to support project execution.Other
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and attention to
- Ability to handle large volumes of work and multi-task in a
- Multiple years of experience on construction project sites or
executing program management in the industries of aviation,
commercial, energy, government, manufacturing, oil & gas, process,
transmission & distribution, transportation, or water is
- A basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting
Principles is required.
- Must be able to meet company's driving requirements.Physical
- Work locations are construction jobsites ranging from
commercial to heavy industrial environments that include working in
adverse climates, and extensive walking, requiring stairs,
passenger use of personal hoists, negotiating work areas under
construction, climbing permanent and temporary ladders, occasional
lifting or moving objects up to 50 pounds. Must be able to sit,
talk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and bend.
Specific vision abilities required for this job includes: close
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
adjust focus. Must be able to hear and perceive the nature of
sounds by ear. Must be able to safely operate motor vehicles. May
at times need to access confined spaces or work locations at
elevation requiring utilization of respirators, self-contained
breathing apparatus, and/or fall protection.
- Projects require occasional long hours and infrequent days off,
occasional night shifts or moderate to long periods of working
consecutive nights.Job Project ManagementPrimary Location
US-WI-AppletonSchedule: Full-timeTravel: Yes, 100 % of the TimeReq
ID: 222196#LI-ME #ACO N/A
Keywords: Burns & McDonnell, Appleton , Project Manager (Self-Perform) - AZCO (Nationwide), Executive , Appleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!